• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was hooked on WoW...what about you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I literally just hit 70 less than 30 minutes ago. 10 minutes after I hit 70, I canceled my account.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/thideras/fe7d06aa.jpg

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Gaasyendieth

If you don't want to take the time to click the first link, you will see my in-game play time of:

43 days, 2 hours, 12 minutes and 8 seconds.

That is all in front of my keyboard, if I walked away for 10 mins, I logged out. I didn't level fast, I wanted to savor it...and now I hit the end :D

This is about the 8th time I've come back to WoW. I don't like the 15 a month and the time it consumes. I've been trying to stay clean and I seriously can't :(

This is my final stab and I hope I don't come back.

Success stories in leaving WoW? Anyone addicted leave WoW? Any other games you played to help stay away?

:sn: edit: Gah, this sounds like I was addicted to drugs or something >.>

Nice work on the level 70.

I tried WoW when it first came out and I disliked it.

I guess I'm loyal to FPS.CS:S probably takes 10-15hrs a week from me.lol.

Nice work on the level 70.
Don't encourage me :p

I tried WoW when it first came out and I disliked it.

I guess I'm loyal to FPS.CS:S probably takes 10-15hrs a week from me.lol.
I hope I find something else...recently got a PS3, so I'm looking forward to a few games there.

I also have around 20-25 games that I bought and put a couple hours on...if that :-/

I played it twice(three times if you include the beta) and I don't plan on playing it again anytime soon. My highest character was level 34.

why dose this make me want to get wow? :p brb... (Evil laugh: "hahaha!!")

I played for quite a while, from patch 1.2 all the way until the beginning of december. I had something like 102 days played and some pretty good gear. I felt it was a good time to quit as I had pretty much beat the game (I had done every instance released in the game). It was fun.

I havnt had any desire to play though since I left. I cancacnled my account because I had prett y much stopped playing already.

sorry I can't spell tonight, I suppose I should really be going to bed

Im not trying to tempt you, but the game starts at 70. Been playing since beta and enjoyed it since and will probably enjoy it for some time to come.

am I hooked? yup. Is it wrong? not even close.

--pak

I was hooked.. clocked up 60 days ingame time at 60 alone.. Reluctantly quit when my second year of uni came about (2007), and so far THANKFULLY I havent looked back.. I mean I came back once for a month or so, but then sold my account so hopefully I wont come back.

My partner keeps telling me she wants me to play wow again cause she likes it, and GOD is it tempting >_<.. Im going to stay away as much as possible! WoW is too freaking awesome to give up D:!

I've quit and come back multiple times. Don't think I'll ever come back. My favorite class is the shaman, and Blizzard screwing up the class big time really killed it for me :p I quit on a 50 something shaman, and then quit on a 64 shaman. I guess thats the secret, choose a class that gets no love.

However, part of me lusts for that WoW type MMO gameplay. Maybe Warhammer can fill the void, but I'm doubtful.

Glad I'm not hooked on WoW anymore, so much more free time to do everything else.

my friend is addicted to WoW, he cant stay away, every minute he's at home he just plays WoW, he even skips school to play WoW..but honestly, I don't see why anyone should pay $15 a month for that game, or $8 to change your name, or to change servers....it's the worst BS i've ever seen

I have never played WOW, but my co-worker keeps bugging me to try it....
Here is some advice. Don't. Seriously. :bang head

Im not trying to tempt you, but the game starts at 70. Been playing since beta and enjoyed it since and will probably enjoy it for some time to come.

am I hooked? yup. Is it wrong? not even close.

--pak
I understand this, but that is what I'm afraid of. I spent enough time just hitting lv 70....I don't need to triple my time... ;)

I don't see why anyone should pay $15 a month for that game, or $8 to change your name, or to change servers....it's the worst BS i've ever seen

Because it is cheaper in many respects than someone who buys console/pc games every month. Look at the purchase price of just one game a month compared to a single purchase of WoW and the 15 a month retainer.

Aside from that, i've got 2 lvl 70 toons. Druid tank and Hunter. 13 days played on the druid, but quite a few more on the hunter. I've also quit the game about 6 times over the course of WoW's existence, but came back when I couldnt find anything worth playing on my consoles or PC. So that's where I am now... I just finished everything I wanted to play on my consoles, and now i'm back to WoW for a bit.

I'm still pushing strong and play pretty much every day. Now that I got into Black Temple, I don't see myself quiting anytime soon. Still having a lot of fun with the game. Been trying to level some of the other alts, but its hard when you raid everyday. My main is lv70 mage and slowly leveling a horde warlock strictly for PvP purposes (lv34 right now).

I'm still pushing strong and play pretty much every day. Now that I got into Black Temple, I don't see myself quiting anytime soon. Still having a lot of fun with the game. Been trying to level some of the other alts, but its hard when you raid everyday. My main is lv70 mage and slowly leveling a horde warlock strictly for PvP purposes (lv34 right now).
Hehehehehe, I was wondering how long it would take you to notice this thread :p

The title was poking fun at the huge thread that you have ;)

Hehehehehe, I was wondering how long it would take you to notice this thread :p

The title was poking fun at the huge thread that you have ;)

Lol, just goes to show how insane WoW is. I'm going to sit down one day and go through that entire thread and make like a time line of my progress :D

Back