• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supercomputer at your PCI-slot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds interesting, but I just don't buy it at this point. I don't see how the pci bus could handle enough traffic to make these cpu's that effective.

so it's a processor you plug into your PCI slot? cool.

I guess if you could use it the way cluster systems work, maybe it could work quite well... network connections are slower than PCI I think.

I wonder how much heat it produces... and what kind of power consumption that will need. They mention 6 times 4 processors per PCI slot... that could be quite toasty and require quite a beefy power supply.

otherwise intel would make the quickest buyout in history. Even quad Xeon MPs don't put out that many gigaflops.

(they actually do cost 20k)

Last edited:
The article said

It would use 2 watts, and produce very LITTLE heat. According to them. If true this could be interesting. Especially for seti and folding. Imagine the possibilities?

I hate spell check LOL

Harry

Back