• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the hell is this, great or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'd be better off just building your own using components specifically for cpu cooling. 1. The radiator on that is pretty damn small. 2. It has too many restrictions, like that filter, and looks like small tubing at goofy angles. If you're serious about it, find out how many watts of heat it can dissapate. The guy just gives a flow rate.

looks like a hoss to me, bigger than any pump i've ever seen. and besides the res, what is the cylindrical container, looks like it's full of sponge or filter? or what?

J.

hehe yeah i already have my setup all ready
just wanted to see if it was a good cooling setup :p

probably for a quite restrictive system(the pump would be ideal for long tubing, like outside of house&etc, most probably), and if it is really for a medical system then it's pretty much foolproof(or at least should be, depends on how critical piece of equipment it is). probably not too quiet either.

at current price not too bad(102.5) imho if you're looking for something to stick under the window in a box.

yeah, but will it perform better than a conventional wc'ing system?

because it says "add coolant" not water

does that mean we can add some high performance stuff?

It would be kind of cool to reply to people that ask about the cooling setup...
"So, whats this cooling setup?"

"Oh that? It's a water cooling system usually designed for high power lasers for medical research"

You should find a system for cooling high powered ruby lasers used for cutting titanium and other hard materials. Although that would be probably a liquid nitrogen system.

so
my quesiton is:

would it perform bette rthan a conventional water cooling setup

Epilight's are not high powered, they're barely medical lasers.
They use them for hair removal, and acne treatments. It's not for cooling a cutting laser or anything cool like that.

I'd just get my parts elsewhere. Neat pump, too bad they strangled it with that G-awefull tubing monstrosity. That fan looks like it'd rival a Delta in noise making capability too.

And Solo, it's pronounced "What the HECK is this?".

Last edited:
Back