• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 9500 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zootal

So I finally settled on the Zalman cnps9500am2 on a Phenom 9600. It is running about 10 degrees F cooler then it did with the stock cooler. Is this considered good/bad/average?

The only real issue is that the cpu fan seems to be running at 75000 rpm :p. In the bios it shows correctly, but pcprobe no longer seems to be able to tell how fast it is running.

It comes with FanMate 2 - anyone use this, and is it worth hooking up?

So I installed the FanMate thing. Ran it a bit. Decided I didn't need to slow the fan down any. Slower fan = hotter cpu. I bought the thing because I wanted a cooler cpu, why would I want to make it hotter? Removed FanMate....now cpu is cool again :)

Of the Zalman sinks I have, I have only used the fanmate on one, a CNPS7700B-Cu, and that is only because it is old, and the fan motor is whining at full speed.

Back