• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flat Panel Monitor - Where to choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why get a decked out top of the line computer and then ruin the **** out of it with a 100$ monitor? Why don't I just go out and buy a mustang and put toyota corolla wheels on that badboy? :)

I was leaning towards the dell u2412M for a while as what I thought was the best deal but I think I may hold out and keep shopping. I never got thee 100% good to buy vibe from it so I passed on it.

I agree going with a $100 monitor is not worth it. But then again i dont like gaming on multiple screens. I hate having what equate to a massive line through my gamplay.

A decent 24" 1080 screen is more often than not enough to game on in my opinion You dont need to spend more than $200 for that

^^^Yes and no, once you've used an S-IPS panel at 2560x1440 you'll never ever go back. The image quality difference is too great. I prefer to drop my detail settings than my res, it still looks better than say, BF3 on ULTRA running 1920x1080.

The main reason is I don't want to buy a great monitor from someone who lives in Korea off of eBay! The same monitor tech is supposed to be released in the USA by LG later this year. I'd rather buy local if possible in case something goes wrong. Or at minimum buy from Newegg etc.

I have 3 of those shimians and they are perfect, thats fine wait till the LG comes out with a price tag of over $800 for the samething, for me i spent the money on some gtx 680s

yeah people dont understand, i have a 30'' 2560x1600 and i had to return it well over 15 times because of dead pixels, i finally got one that was perfect but it took over 3 years, now for our shimians, it was perfect from the start. my wife has the 30'' now :D. btw it was made in mexico, i think Korea has better quality control

Well, Dell, HP, Acer and Lenovo are all as crappy as each other when it comes to computer screens.

the truth Mac makes the best screens :D well not make but quality control, all the monitors are the same when it comes to ips

Yeah, but geez do you pay for it with Apple. We look at stuff like this because we're bargain hunters ;)

the truth Mac makes the best screens :D well not make but quality control, all the monitors are the same when it comes to ips

How do we know Apple has better quality control? I'm not saying they don't, but where's the proof for that claim? I sure would be interested in reading that information.

Dude, have you ever look at an Apple product..... It's not really something which I anyone will dispute, even me with a deep rooted hatred of Apple. :shrug:

Dude, have you ever look at an Apple product..... It's not really something which I anyone will dispute, even me with a deep rooted hatred of Apple. :shrug:

I've seen this screen for a while now, the moment I saw it, I knew it was the best, visually. My first computer was a Mac years ago, loved it.

What I meant were the insides of the monitor, not the exterior. Has anyone pulled them apart and looked at the soldering etc etc. It may be no better than what is being bought on ebay right now.

Meh, that sort of stuff is pretty standard. Besides, all their stuff is usually assembled by Foxconn.

Meh, that sort of stuff is pretty standard. Besides, all their stuff is usually assembled by Foxconn.

I can't speak for current monitors, but I would never assume that stuff is standard at all. When I was buying a TV, there were manufacturers who were known have better soldering on boards than others. For example, RCA while they made a great tube like Mitsubishi, their boards were poorly soldered and often blew out, unlike Mitsubishi.

I don't assume because things are newer/better/more modern that companies have standardization across the industry (ex. there's ZERO standardization in LED production that are used for lighting, esp white light), nor have companies stopped looking for a way to save money and make cheaper crap. My RCA example, case in point.

So while the Mac screen looks well built, until people have pulled it apart, or we have return rates for the various monitors, there's absolutely no data to support the claim that Apple's are in fact better. And I like Apple too, but I won't just go along with them, because it's Apple.

Got me I guess I've been using this old Sceptre 32" at 1850 X 1012 for many years now, and clone it to the other at 1920 1080.

I just couldn't imagine going back to a 27 inch screen again myself no matter what the resolution is :)

Back