• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CSS: Good players are always called hackers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngryArtichoke

I play Counter Strike Source on and off when I'm not playing anything else. I'm pretty good, but no where close to godly. Anyways, I always seem to get banned off the servers I like to play on. Eventually I'll get into a groove and get at very least a 5:1 KDR. Anyways, I go banned off a server recently. I got fed up and sent a message to the admin that banned me. I hope you all enjoy this one. It makes me laugh when I read over it.

me: hey, did you ban me earlier?
me: "get in the van ive got matt kup"
shadow: who r u?
shadow: ya i did
me: why??
shadow: hack
me: what kind of hacking?
shadow: aim_bot hacking!!!!
shadow: u shouldn't even ask!!!!
me: that's insane, did you even spec me?
shadow: of course i did, i don't ban ppl for haking untill i spec them
shadow: too many headshots without even touching thr guys!!!!
me: then you would have seen on the non-sniper guns that the spraying when everywhere
me: like the p90 for example
me: takes a solid 5 seconds to kill someone at range
shadow: dude
shadow: spare me, ok?
me: just because i was playing against people that stand still a lot, doesnt make me a hacker
shadow: i know what i saw
shadow: that was not sparaying
me: and scouting someone that is standing still in the head is proof of an aimbot? you can tell really easily be observing the fire of the automatic weapons
me: and if you were paying attention, you would note that it wasnt concentrated to the player's body like an aimbot would
me: It speaks volumes about the credibilty of your server and the quality of your administators when you start banning the good players
shadow: it does not concentrate on the body
shadow: u just shoot random and ppl get a headshot
shadow: stfu, i know all about them hackers!!!

me: obviously not
me: aim bots either shake a lot and concentrate fire on the upper torso or will pull off rediculous headshots every time
me: i was doing neither
shadow: obviously, next time, i'll ban u again!
shadow: end of disscution
shadow is now Offline.

There was a few good admins that I liked, but it all crumbles when they give a 16 year old administrative duties. Anyone else have some good stories?

It seems people yell hack every time someone gets a shot off before they do.... I love when i am playing COD4 and I am accused of hacking when I have a Kill/Death of 1/3...

come play on our clans server slaughterhouse

http://infexxxious.com/

and if not there 3-PG has good admins too. http://www.3-pg.com/

most clan server are good as they have good players... any pub are BS and why u dont play them at all, so many power tripping pricks who cant accept that someone MAY be better then them.

lol, that guy clearly doesn't know how to spot an aimbot. It's sad that people like that are admins on servers.

with every server and their mother with crap like "$10 get admin power to support our server" any n00b can get on and take control.

its summer. kid admins.

I got called a hacker and a liar on some forums over my crysis results and my 3dmark score..

ROFL.

I aint got time to fake this stuff.

its simple jealosy combined with the fact that there are an anoyingly large amount of hackers around. I havent played CSS in ages though, but I imagine less hackers nowadays as I am guessing they have moved onto new games?

best comment I got wasnt accusing me of hacking I just got asked 'are you a robot?' was shortly after the best round of my life lol. That was on origonal CS though.

CoD4 on the xbox has replaced CSS for me now :) alooooooot less hackers on xbox. Worst you get is lag switches really.

Oh, believe me, hacking is just this weeks excuse. This nonsense has been with us for as long as there have been games. In fact, I was dealing with the same crap back in the early 90's when the 'net was still text only and we played games over email.

As background, what we used to do was set up email distribution lists and each player would send out a couple of paragraphs at a time. Over time, a multi-player story would build up. Along with the main list, there would often be some side project lists so that groups of players could plan stuff that the rest of the game could not see and a list that went directly to the GM(s).

So in one game that I was playing, it was actually a few mostly separate games where each sub game was one ship in a fleet and the GM(s) held the Admiral ranks.

Now remember that we are trying to build a story in the main list. So to limit people posting on top of each other, there is a rule that you have to add your post to the preceding text and once a week, the Captain of our ship is allowed to trim the main text after copying the new posts to the archived story.

All fine and well, except that the people whom I was working with were all seasoned gamers and relatively good authors. So we were a pretty prolific bunch and the main line of discussion would quickly grow very large. Add to that that email in boxes were limited to very small sizes compared to what we enjoy today. So we had the occasional bouncing member.

Since bounced email is handled by an auto responder on each mail server, and we were using distribution lists that would send to a larger group, bounces could quickly become a problem if two people started bouncing. The individual mail servers would see each bounce as new mail and generate new bounces. Then more mail boxes would fill up and the problem would quickly get totally out of control.

So I proposed that each player would have the ability to trim the main story line as needed, subject to a rule that you had to leave what you were responding to and the three preceding posts. Our captain was fine with that. His XO was fine with that. All of our players were fine with that. The bouncing was curtailed quickly. It should have ended there.

At least that is what should have happened. After a couple or three weeks of gaming that was going smoothly, the Admiral decided to check in on our progress (we later on found out that he was only 13 years old!!!!1!!1). When he saw that we had modified his very carefully crafted rule, he went nuts on us.

After all, all rules are in place for reasons and may not be modified ever. Or at least not without checking in with admiral two pubes and waiting for as many weeks as he felt like to respond to any proposal. And if he decided that his stupid rule was more important than a well managed game? Well we never got that far.

What ended up going down was that he looked back over all the game files to find out that I was the clear troublemaker. Then he issued an edict that everyone had to take my addy off of all lists as I was clearly in violation of a rule that he made just to hurt me. He basically put me on “posting restriction”. I had to send anything that I wanted to go in game to him and he would decide if it was worthy to be added to the story. That and everyone else has to go back to the old rule, despite the horrible out of control email bouncing.

What you really meant in your topic was "InsertMPFPSHere: Good players always called hackers."

It's happened to me occasionally in ET, and if you spec me and you have any knowledge of how aimbots work at all, you will UNQUESTIONABLY know that I'm not using a bot. I occasionally have flashes of virtuosity when playing, but mostly against what I consider 'good' players I put up a decent fight and then respawn a little later, you know?

But there are still people out there who are sure you are hacking because they can't stand still in a firefight and kill you while you're strafing, or who have no talent for sniper and don't understand how you can be "so good" (with 12 headshots, 25 total 'hits', and 60 total shots fired, as an example - not bad, but certainly not comp quality or stellar). Or better yet, the ones who always go sniper and leave themselves wide open for knife in the back or satchel hat or goomba death. Or how you can "snipe" with a panzerfaust, as they try and fail to snipe you with their rifle, and they WATCH YOU FIRE THE PANZERFAUST AND THEN THEY SIT THERE FOR THE FIVE SECONDS IT TAKES THE ROCKET TO TRAVERSE THE ENTIRE MAP, JUST WATCH IT SAIL RIGHT INTO THEIR FACE.

Or the best one for me, that I took as a compliment - playing a server with a lot of experienced players, unloading my duallie 1945's in a guys face and killing him in like 3 seconds (with lots of misses, mind you) and getting accused of duallie scripting over chat, even though that script was rendered useless in a previous patch. (for those of you not familiar with ET, when you got enough small arms experience, you went from single sidearm to dual, and there was a script that would fire for you and unload both clips in like 1.2 seconds. I tried this script, it turned out to be a great way for me to get two clips' worth of misses and then get killed while I jinked and moved, trying to reload two pistols.) Half of the guys wearing his tag instantly went spectator, and then some of them told him to shut up when I did it again. =p

InThrees, you still play WolfET? I used to play all the time, but I quit about a year and a half ago. I was also pretty darn good and got accused of hacking many times, and banned on occasion. I was a referee on a popular German server running ETPro, so I played a lot with ~150ms ping. Needless to say, with a 150ms ping, you have to react that much faster when playing against people with ~50ms ping. When I used to join American servers running ETPub or some other mod with bigger hitboxes, I would absolutely own the server. I got banned from one of the most popular American servers after beginning a round with a 30-kill streak as a rambo medic. I had recorded demos and tried to plead my case on their forums, and they eventually admitted (with much relactance) that they just didn't want me on their server anymore.

Anyhow, I've found that it doesn't matter what you do in life--if you develop a skill at something and demonstrate it to others, jealousy is going to lead to accusations of some form of cheating. A perfect example of this is my YouTube guitar cover videos. I play some difficult songs very accurately, and about every other day someone will leave a comment insisting that it is "fake". Apparently, they think I can somehow isolate the guitar part in the original song and then just move my hands to act like I'm playing. It amazes me that some people actually think this is more plausable than the possibility that I could actually be playing! As if the original artists and professional musicians are the only people in the world who could possibly play their music accurately... It's ridiculous.

Stop playing pub and go join a team :D

Seriously, playing in leagues with a close team that you get to know well makes the game much more worthwhile.

Hah, kid admins ruin servers, I know groups that grief bad admins and commend good ones.

In other news, I'm a pretty bad CS:S player but my meager kill ratio of 1.1:1 has proven enough to be accused of hax.

Last edited:
Stop playing pub and go join a team :D

Seriously, playing in leagues with a close team that you get to know well makes the game much more worthwhile.

Yup and even if you don't join a clan, play on clan servers, as often the players are so good they don't cry hackers..

Back