• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jail break a cell phone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Ok dont know if this is the right forum to talk about it or even the right sec. I was listening to the pod cast and they talked bout jail breaking a Iphone. I have a team mobile motorola c650 that i want to take to a different network. I need to jail break it but have no idea on how to do it. can someone lead me to find the answer please?

might not help, but googling "unlock motorola c650" yielded a ton of results that I didn't check because it's not my phone. ;)

ok so unlock. it looks like a lot of people want to charge 20 bucks to do this. I dont want to pay. I know people here have done it.
From what I could find it looks like you have to put new software on it. anyone have a idea of a software that would work on it or have a good site for a resource?

Admin if this is not the place to talk bout this please let me know and remove this thread.

Most phones don't necessarily need new software to be unlocked. Often it is just a (very) long series of keypresses. There are (rather expensive) hardware devices you can buy that you can plug your phone into and unlock it that way, too.

I remember trying to unlock my motorola a while back...basically, you could pay $10-$20 for a company to do it for you, or you could pay $10-$20 for some specific cables that you needed to unlock it. I ended up doing neither. :)

I can unlock a RAZR via software and software alone. Since it plugs in via USB there is no extra cable needed either.

I don't know if there is software for the c650

Back