• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yay i am probly going to throw the towel in soon but man do i love the $33 price tag!
but im at 600mhash because one of my GPUs fans went out but lucky still in warrenty!

One of my 5870 fans went down a few months ago and I ran it crippled to save money. Guess which card is getting frozen first. ;)

I am getting really tempted to cash out and run for the hills. I could buy a few titans and a 2011 rig......

I'm going to continue mining btc until I'm not making any money and I plan to switch to litecoin once that happens. I cashed out about a 3rd of what I had at $32 :( Litecoin was $0.07 a few days ago, it's now $0.21 at the time of this post

Last edited:
I am getting really tempted to cash out and run for the hills. I could buy a few titans and a 2011 rig......

Why do that when the price is moving up with a lot of steam?

I'm going to continue mining btc until I'm not making any money and I plan to switch to litecoin once that happens. I cashed out about a 3rd of what I had at $32 :( Litecoin was $0.07 a few days ago, it's now $0.21 at the time of this post

I've moved on to LTC, but I'm not getting the Khash I should. My miner reports 550-600, but the pool I mine to does not report near that amount. I need a new pool. :mad:

Why do that when the price is moving up with a lot of steam?

I've moved on to LTC, but I'm not getting the Khash I should. My miner reports 550-600, but the pool I mine to does not report near that amount. I need a new pool. :mad:

what pool you using?

Last time the price moved up with this much steam it was less than half a few weeks later.

Personally, I'ma hold onto mine. I don't have all that much, but they were essentially free so what the hell.
Bitcoin seems to be here to stay on some level, although its direct use by people is getting more and more unwieldy with every block. Currently my bitcoin holdings have gone from ~$80 when I started hoarding instead of selling up to >$600. That's tasty. Too bad I didn't trust it more back then! Oh well.
Or, you know, hold onto the >100 (>200?) coins I've had my hands on, ugh.

Last time the price moved up with this much steam it was less than half a few weeks later.

Personally, I'ma hold onto mine. I don't have all that much, but they were essentially free so what the hell.
Bitcoin seems to be here to stay on some level, although its direct use by people is getting more and more unwieldy with every block. Currently my bitcoin holdings have gone from ~$80 when I started hoarding instead of selling up to >$600. That's tasty. Too bad I didn't trust it more back then! Oh well.
Or, you know, hold onto the >100 (>200?) coins I've had my hands on, ugh.

ya i wish i mined more and trusted BTC more i start hoarding too late and only have ~$600 but i did not have 100s run through my hands but still wish i would have saved and gotten mining GPU earlier!
EDIt holy crap! BTC is at ~$40!! when did that happen! i now have like $800 is BTC!

Last edited:
what pool you using?

I was on litecoinpool.org, but switched to notroll.in today. I seem to be still having the same reporting issue so I think it might be my connection, or an issue with my miner.

Chance, did you sell? if it really crashes down in the 20's I may buy. I felt sick to my stomach when it hit 48, I want to be able to take advantage of these swings one time :)

http://bitcoinity.org/markets

I did not sell. I learned my lesson. I had 72 coins when they are at $15 each and was like "WOW! $1000!" Now I'm like ":bang head: Why did you sell you idiot?!?!" So I am always going to try and have some for the long run, and I plan on continuing to buy (and mine slowly) for a good bit of time.

I personally think it's foolish to make big selling decisions when the price is moving like this. I just try to buy at lulls in the price and it seems to be moving pretty steadily up.

It is nice though. Because I bought pretty low, and mined most of the coins I have, I can just watch my total value (and more importantly profits) go up and up. Which is nice because I know I can free up some cash to buy computer hardware more often. :D

It seems to me that there is very often a big spike right before a sell off. Price was at 48-49 this morning. That was about 9 higher than when I last looked last night. By the time I got home price had already dropped. It will be a good sign if price keeps going up past 50. To suffer the quick sell off and still recover seems to me like a strong sign.

I was going to say exactly that when I started reading your post, and you mentioned it at the end. :thup: The fact that the price is rising with a fair bit of volume behind it is a good sign. There will of course be the people who think "we can't get past the all time high" or some other crazy hoax so they sell off in high volume. But if there is a real backing for the rise in price, people will buy up enough BTC during and after the sell off to raise the price back into a nice climb. Not to mention those people are smart. Those who panic sell simply create an opportunity for people who believe in BTC to make a profit. ;)

my BTC will be sold when i need a car so im hoping that my car last as longest it can! and that BTC conti to rise to let me get a better car or pay off some more of it!

I needed to start doing this in 2010. :rolleyes: If you had a gpu mining back then, you would be able to solo mine and score 100+btc/day. Then if you actually believed in BTC and didn't sell, you'd be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in bitcoins. Enough to stop working and live off the day-to-day rise in price. I mean, just think about it. If you earned 100 BTC per day for a year, and never bought another coin, your valuation would increase $36,500 every time the exchange rate went up $1. That's close to the average income in the US (and more than most other countries around the world).

Early adopters of anything that grows exponentially are the ones who benefit the most. :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back