• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WEEEEEE!!!I'm finally a folding member....what I bring to you guys..........

p4 1.5ghz
256 RDRAM soo to be 512 ;)

P 75mhz...lol
4mb RAM

athlon 800mhz @ 1ghz
256 SDRAM

---in the near future---

Athlon XP 1800+
512 - 1gb DDR RAM

Hope I can make a difference!!! ;)

Welcome to the Team! :D Wow. You guys have some pretty serious equipment there and should be able to add a lot.

One duMB Ques I DOnt Get What This Is And The Set Stuff And ALl The Teams Can Someone Plz Explain To Me Bfore I Go Made plz

DECODER22 said:
One duMB Ques I DOnt Get What This Is And The Set Stuff And ALl The Teams Can Someone Plz Explain To Me Bfore I Go Made plz

This is folding@Home. It is a distributed computing project. This means that they distribute work that needs to be calculated by a computer to thousands/millions of individual computers on the internet. All of these thousands/millions of individuals computers are then able to act as one gigantic supercomputer. In our case we are working on the Folding@Home project. This project is so that we can learn how proteins fold and misfold. Misfolded proteins are responsible for many diseases that we have today, although we are specifically working on the Alzheimers protein. The models being created by this project will help medical science more readily break down the folding process and possibly learn how to treat and eliminate some of these diseases.

How's that?
The client is available here http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html
Our team is 32.
Hope that helped you some. :D

signed up as on team 32...

got a running on
xp2000
athlon 1.33
and duron 500

but i might be able to get a whole lab doing it since i am the admin there so i make the rues:)

Last edited:
NASsoccer said:
signed up as HCT318 on team 32...

got a running on
xp2000
athlon 1.33
and duron 500

but i might be able to get a whole lab doing it since i am the admin there so i make the rues:)

He's not the Admin his mom is and that is why he makes twice as much as I do working the same job!

Razorclaw212 said:

He's not the Admin his mom is and that is why he makes twice as much as I do working the same job!

that's alright, who has the passwords:D and who logs in as admin:eek:

ps. who can delete your log on account:cool:

NASsoccer said:

that's alright, who has the passwords:D and who logs in as admin:eek:

ps. who can delete your log on account:cool:

Now that is not nice Nathan, all you ever do is make me carry the computers and I made you that cool avatar... just b/c I owe you $70 and 2 HDD doesn't give you the right to hurt my feelings!!!:(

J/k

Started folding a day ago, finished a WU today, but I don't show up on the stats page. Does it take a while for this info to transfer there? My folding name is Daddio.

2old4this said:
Started folding a day ago, finished a WU today, but I don't show up on the stats page. Does it take a while for this info to transfer there? My folding name is Daddio.
stanfords stats page updates every hour. It could take a day to get up there from the time you sent in your wu. check your log to see if it sent it sucessful or if it's still in queue if you don't see yourself on the stats page by tomorrow. some people are having problems sending to server 115 usually it's one of the best to get.

If you check the fah log it will tell you what server it is trying to connect to. You may have to scroll down to find it.

Why aren't my results showing up

I've only been folding for a few days. When I check my stats it shows nothing. It says member since (blank), and the other fields are blank too. What am I doing wrong? My folding window says I have 1 WU, but again, nothing shows up at all on the Stanford website. Is this normal?

Are you sure that it's configured correctly with your name and the team number?
You can check your config by right clicking on the icon and choosing configure. I did a search for Daddio and didn't see anything either. You can also look in your work folder that is in the folding directory and see if there is a file resultsxx.dat where xx is the number of the wu that was supposed to be sent in. If that file is there then that means that it didn't get sent in.

What's wrong with my F@H setup

No matter what I do, the servers at Stanford don't know I exist. I have installed F@H on 3 machines. I used the same name on all 3, Daddio, same team #, 32. When I try to access my log there, I,m not even a member. Could this communication block be caused by my router? I have my 3 machines sharing a cable connection with a netgear router, system works wonderfully. This thing with F@H has me buffaloed. 2 days of folding, 1 wu completed (according to my machine), no results on Stanford. Guess I'll turn off my machines, unless someone out there can help me figure this out.

Back