• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: 3 threats on radar - approaching fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

Looks like we have some threats on the radar - 210 million daily gain .... man the canon!!

Attachments

• ocf threats may 2014.jpg
    ocf threats may 2014.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 413
Lol true statement. Pretty incredible that it can be #1 overall in 6 months from effective creation.

LOL, you are not stopping Curecoin...(until it becomes unprofitable)!!

We will have none of that defeatist stuff here....

....but hopefully those coins will fall on their own bloated carcasses before they reach us. I hear they are dropping like flies these days....

Meantime...

Man the palisades...get the women folk up there too....we need all the help we can get!!

Well, what would it take to get our team setup to work with curecoin? We need a pool for the SHA256 side I believe. Then we could get in on some of this surge.

There is no team32 when it comes to curecoin. Just wait for the mt gox scenario to strike. It will happen sooner than later.

Mt.Gox = gone therefore no more Mt.Gox failures again. :)

Buut yeah. Curecoin can't be stopped very easily.

There is no team32 when it comes to curecoin. Just wait for the mt gox scenario to strike. It will happen sooner than later.

Time will tell. Right now there are so many currencies out there that consolidation (i.e. most dying and a few surviving) will be inevitable. Like you said, there's always the chance that someone will resort to nefarious methods, especially with so much "money" involved, and that will only further destabilize the currency.

....but hopefully those coins will fall on their own bloated carcasses before they reach us. I hear they are dropping like flies these days....

There's a decent chance the frenzy dies out before they reach us.

It's tough matching their production even if team 32 increases its ppd by an order of magnitude. The 290x is one of the best ppd/$ at ~200k ppd. To match 200 mill production is 1000 of these cards running 24/7. Anyone up for that challenge? Maybe if all the big teams combined their firepower it would be enough to hold them off at their current production.

Edit: Some of their top folders have quite impressive stats, with their #1 outproducing team 32 by himself. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657040

Anyone have any idea as to what they're running? My guess is most are probably GPUs from mining based on the points/WU. Some of their top 10 looks like they're running bigadv servers, perhaps folders from other teams?

Last edited:
Time will tell. Right now there are so many currencies out there that consolidation (i.e. most dying and a few surviving) will be inevitable. Like you said, there's always the chance that someone will resort to nefarious methods, especially with so much "money" involved, and that will only further destabilize the currency.

There's a decent chance the frenzy dies out before they reach us.

It's tough matching their production even if team 32 increases its ppd by an order of magnitude. The 290x is one of the best ppd/$ at ~200k ppd. To match 200 mill production is 1000 of these cards running 24/7. Anyone up for that challenge? Maybe if all the big teams combined their firepower it would be enough to hold them off at their current production.

Edit: Some of their top folders have quite impressive stats, with their #1 outproducing team 32 by himself. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657040

Anyone have any idea as to what they're running? My guess is most are probably GPUs from mining based on the points/WU. Some of their top 10 looks like they're running bigadv servers, perhaps folders from other teams?

290's, 280's, 7970's, 7950's all the big AMD guns ;)
Most have like 10+ of those GPU's too since they are big time miners.

Looking at curecoin stats they seem to be loosing users and ppd is starting to drop for the last 3 days.

Now, GPU farm sounds like an interesting challenge. Too bad I live in hot california. Would need a dedicated room with dedicated AC. Why are these challenges making it sound more appealing? :chair:

Looking at curecoin stats they seem to be loosing users and ppd is starting to drop for the last 3 days.

Now, GPU farm sounds like an interesting challenge. Too bad I live in hot california. Would need a dedicated room with dedicated AC. Why are these challenges making it sound more appealing? :chair:

value of curecoin is dropping pretty significantly.

lol, I'm saving up a few hundred CC and will move my cpus back to 32.

Well, such is life. I've already moved my production back to T32. Not much daily PPD for a spell as I'm working from home lately, not on the road as much, at least for a few more weeks.

But my Unit #1 isn't making much in the way of CC. I've got 18 in my wallet at the part time rate I've been folding. I'm willing to throw them into a CC pool if anyone would like to consider utilizing them for something more magnificent than 18 lonely CCs are worth. :attn:

Well, such is life. I've already moved my production back to T32. Not much daily PPD for a spell as I'm working from home lately, not on the road as much, at least for a few more weeks.

But my Unit #1 isn't making much in the way of CC. I've got 18 in my wallet at the part time rate I've been folding. I'm willing to throw them into a CC pool if anyone would like to consider utilizing them for something more magnificent than 18 lonely CCs are worth. :attn:

18 already?

It has taken me 2.5 weeks to make just 48!

18 X 0.00055 = ~0.01BTC

Which is ~ 6$ USD

Price has dropped A LOT since CC came into being. :(

Back