• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Mouse lags (sometimes keyboard)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you tried running with LGS uninstalled, to see if it is software or hardware?

Have you tried running with LGS uninstalled, to see if it is software or hardware?
nope, but knowing that my Razer anansi (old keyboard) that didn't use LGS and used razer software lagged too might help :| or my LGS might interrupt the razer drivers ect too?!

it also gave not responding for few second !

Last edited:
Uninstall ALL your keyboard and mouse software. Logitech, Razer, everything.

THEN try to use it, without ANY of the software.

ok gonna take another day of playing wow, oh god im getting sick of this game:D ok

i only have LGS, i uninstall it, last time it lagged hard at uninstall and few seconds after it!

if its LGS problem what can i do :eek: :? :( /cry

also my summer is getting wasted i want to learn more about programming and buy a z77 mobo :D but anyway will tell you result :!

EDIT: i guess it laged, but will tell you when i had a sure lag, if i didn't get any till tomorrow, should i request a refund mouse or something?

Last edited:

it lagged again:( /cry, but my keyboard didn't join it, it was a mouse only lag, and my dpi didn't re show, i found out why, because when my mouse dc's like it said in LGS, my mouse uses On Computer profiles and so, it loses connection and have to re upload profile and when profile changes or something it always make my dpi re show (when i do it manually)

if only my Logitech g510 lagged it was because the profile upload made LGS lag but it makes my anansi lag too, hmm thats weird , maybe i should get a new mouse?

Honestly, I'm running out of ideas here.

Just to make sure of something, switch USB ports.
If you're on USB 3 port switch to a USB 2 port, if on 2 switch to 3.

i tried it, on usb 3.0 ports and usb ports!

im going to give it to warranty tomorrow :( /cry (my mouse)

but heres another problem, my LGS setup stucks :( can't go further, its like stuck at 30% (threes not percent im guessing)
also before that happens, my Cursor was showing little disk icon next to it, and i started a programm i wrote in Qt it gave error unexpected something, !!!!

anyway the problem is that LGS setup stucks in middle of installing

i tried it, on usb 3.0 ports and usb ports!

im going to give it to warranty tomorrow :( /cry (my mouse)
EDIT: still tomorrow :S my father can't take me to the store today :S that's weirdest problem i ever seen, but anyway i remember something was .. like wrong with the usb dongle when i bought it , im not sure!

i guess i kinda found out what the problem is, my mouse has connection problem or something that causes my mouse to dc, and after it reconnects LGS tries to re upload profile or , you know fix the stuff and it makes my keyboard lag for a little bit,and all the keyboard lags are the same !

Last edited:
its 10am i woke up ! im going to return it at 3-4pm , i have time till 6pm, else the stores all close :D my old mouse didnt have any issues at all ! (MX518) , but this one just lags and makes my keyboard lag too ! , but anyway these stuff happens sometimes some products get faulty :( hope they fix mine/don't make it all oily and dirty and scratch it ! :(

EDIT: can't go today..... have to wait another day...:S

Last edited:
its 10am i woke up ! im going to return it at 3-4pm , i have time till 6pm, else the stores all close :D my old mouse didnt have any issues at all ! (MX518) , but this one just lags and makes my keyboard lag too ! , but anyway these stuff happens sometimes some products get faulty :( hope they fix mine/don't make it all oily and dirty and scratch it ! :(

EDIT: can't go today..... have to wait another day...:S
damn it im really scared im worried they're gonna damage it, and when they do they wont pay for it here, also ppl who repair it aren't technicians or anything !

i called them, they told me to bring it here, we test it, and we give you a new one, we wont open or repair your current mouse ! well if thats true thats awesome :D i kiled my self and plaid like, 2 hours of world of warcraft with 1 hand in bg to get a video proofing the problem and I GOT IT :D yay , ouch my head hurts :D so much wow , :D my fathers busy tomorrow i will get new mouse after tomorrow, i hope so :S at least to the visit to the place i bought it i got a new G240, :D so awesome.... i love it xD that keeps me busy for the next 2 days :D

Last edited:
they didn't accept it, i'm going on Saturday to get it back:( hope they haven't scratched the mouse also the feet, or haven't made it all oily,
i was thinking of buying new mouse:( but i can't sell my old mouse, im not evil :D , and spending another 79$ is bad:( will make me feel bad!

Hmm. Sounds silly, but I'd be willing to wager a bet something is interfering with the wireless signal on your mouse.

Turn the computer so the wireless antenna is facing the mouse.

Anywho, if you can change polling rate on LGS, do that and make it 500. Theres also a selection on WoW video settings to "reduce input lag", so try that as well.

Hmm. Sounds silly, but I'd be willing to wager a bet something is interfering with the wireless signal on your mouse.

Turn the computer so the wireless antenna is facing the mouse.

Anywho, if you can change polling rate on LGS, do that and make it 500. Theres also a selection on WoW video settings to "reduce input lag", so try that as well.

I didn't even realize it was wireless... nice catch bob!

Kamran,
How far are you from the receiver? Does it have a clear line of sight to the mouse?
I've seen lag like that a lot from a wireless keyboard/mouse combo I used to have.

I didn't even realize it was wireless... nice catch bob!

Kamran,
How far are you from the receiver? Does it have a clear line of sight to the mouse?
I've seen lag like that a lot from a wireless keyboard/mouse combo I used to have.

Makes sense in my head. His other mouse (with a wire) never had input lag.

The only thing Im wracking my head about now is why it would cause the keyboard to lag. That makes ... not much sense in my head.

Makes sense in my head. His other mouse (with a wire) never had input lag.

The only thing Im wracking my head about now is why it would cause the keyboard to lag. That makes ... not much sense in my head.

The wireless mouse not responding to the computer's pings could tie up the USB controller, causing all the USB devices to hang momentarily, resulting in the stutter he sees.

The wireless mouse not responding to the computer's pings could tie up the USB controller, causing all the USB devices to hang momentarily, resulting in the stutter he sees.
oh. i didn't get reply email,

i tried putting it in front, anywhere you can imagine, also tried to use extention cable included, i tried that too, also i maked sure that its 500, it lags on both gaming and endurance mod,

and a note: it only makes keyboard lag ONly if LGS is installed, if i uninstall it, the mouse lags alone, my mouse one time showed as sleepmode-turned off in LGS,

it also lags in Qt creator, eclipse, many other places, my 3-4 year old MX518 never lagged, and still im using it now(because i sent my new G602) it still haven't lagged, not even for a millisecond on its life!

thats different from usual lag, mouse freezes and than continues moving ! it reshows my dpi, shows my G602 as sleep in LGS!!!

Are you sitting very close to a wireless router or microwave by chance?

Are you sitting very close to a wireless router or microwave by chance?

Haha, thats the only reason I chimed in on this thread. Friend of mine would have these weird lag sessions on her mouse and keyboard, happened anywhere from 30 seconds to even 5 minutes long! Usually happened around lunch or dinner time tho ;)

Back