• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon HD 5770 Which Driver for Futuremark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Old H-Ware Tech

Registered
Hi All, pardon me for being noobish but this is my 1st decent video card that isn't going in a customer's cad system and I was wondering which driver to use. I submitted an online 3dMark03 result to Futuremark using catalyst 11.2 drivers and got the unsupported video driver error. Which drivers are ya'll using? Futuremark lists catalyst 10.9 for WinXP as being supported, but is there a better scoring/faster futuremark supported driver? I hope to be joining the benching team soon, I need less than 2 points. To get those points I thought I'd try a GPU instead of just getting another CPU because I have practically no experience with GPU's. In other words I thought I might learn a thing or 3 contrary to the adage about old dogs.

This is the card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5637429&CatId=2306 an Asus EAH5770CuCore/2DI/1G Radeon HD 5770 and the system is in my sig. I run XP x86 and XP x64 in dual boot configuration and I'd like to run 3d benches in both os's. Going to go learn how to OC this thing and will check back later.

Thanks in advance.

I have never used anything but ATi drivers. As long as you are using the latest released driver, you should be fine. It takes some time for current drivers to be processed and accepted in future mark. When I got my 6850's, I went straight to the current download driver from ATi and it still took a couple weeks before they showed up as official. If you want a post-able score now, try installing the next to last released ATi driver.

Last edited:
Back