• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800-se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el fraggo

Registered
greets to all, im new.

i have been thinking about getting a dell pc, (im only 15 ffs!)and have a choice of 5 gfx cards. 3 of these are the X800-SE, the Geforce6800 GTO and the X800-XT. is the X800-SE any good? if not, can it be modded to PRO, or even XT standards? come on, itll save my parents about £300! (and due to that, they'll be a bit nicer to me :)

what's it like?

at stock it sucks compared to nvidias offerings, but they seem to oc to pretty good speeds (at least pro and sometimes xt performance) but the jury is still out on whether they can be modded (they seem to be on the same pcb and so should very likely do, we need pics of the pcb around the cpu (preferably hi-res of the whole board, i would buy one to test but i dont have the cash to risk a gamble on a card that turns out unmodabble. If anyone fancys getting one and becoming the next hardmodding hero :)

x800-se isn't much improved over the 9800pro's or maybe even the xt. I'd go bare minimum the 6800GTO. X800XL is being released though or it has already. The X800XL is looking really good and I'm now telling my brother to hold off getting a card until the X800XL has matured or become widely available. The gfx cards prices are going to be cut soon as well due to the X800XL's release, another thing good for us. :D

>HyperlogiK< said:
at stock it sucks compared to nvidias offerings, but they seem to oc to pretty good speeds (at least pro and sometimes xt performance) but the jury is still out on whether they can be modded (they seem to be on the same pcb and so should very likely do, we need pics of the pcb around the cpu (preferably hi-res of the whole board, i would buy one to test but i dont have the cash to risk a gamble on a card that turns out unmodabble. If anyone fancys getting one and becoming the next hardmodding hero :)

If it saves your parents that much money and can do as well as the 9800 xt I'd say go for it. Brownie points are going to do you a lot more than that graphics card will and I'm sure with overclocking it would be a bang up job. And worst comes to worst think of it as getting a 9800 XT that can be insanly overclocked rather then a lower end X800

Spyd3r said:
x800-se isn't much improved over the 9800pro's or maybe even the xt. I'd go bare minimum the 6800GTO. X800XL is being released though or it has already. The X800XL is looking really good and I'm now telling my brother to hold off getting a card until the X800XL has matured or become widely available. The gfx cards prices are going to be cut soon as well due to the X800XL's release, another thing good for us. :D

Yep if you can hold off and wait for the new x800 XL I would suggest you do it. I mean you are getting a card that performs within 10-15% of the x800 XT for half of the price.

How can you beat that?

whats wrong with the x800se? its got 450/400 clocks vs. 412/365 of the 9800xt, also the x800se is faster clock for clock and ive seem em for $200 or so on ebay. However with the x800xl and x800np out, you might wanna go pci-e and grab an x800np which I think is 400/700 clocks but 12 pipes for $200 and it owns a 6600gt BIG TIME LOL, I wouldnt pay even $150 for a 6600gt at this point with the x800np being $199 and superior in IQ and speed

You guys arnt answering his original question! Read closly. He is thinking about getting a DELL. Who says the dell is going to come stock with the x-800LE? Why should he wait for something that probably isnt going to get. He is getting a prebuilt PC. HE has the options of those video cards he mentioned and that's it.

so what should i go for? the gto? i have heard that the gto card is in fact just a simple bog standard GeForce6800 rather than a GT. this true?

btw, id rather not be a hero, ive heard my dad sing THAT song about heros (dont ask)
lets just say that millions of troops would much rather be civvies than heros.

just dont ask ;)

Back