• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive Been Mistaken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Alright i had originally thought i was getting this card,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-294&depa=0
But today i busted a splinter cell into my parents room and found this card,
http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/pro...id=9984&sid=2JS2KFFGQ5VA8GD81GHDVUP4GCD1CQ5E#

So please tell me anything you know about it and which Artic silencer fan will fit on it, im hoping the ATI3 will still fit. Do you know if it can still be flashed to an xt?

P.S. When i busted my splinter cell i was as sneaky as a ninja.

1st dont know if it fits
2nd yes you can Flash it to a Real XT if you got PCB-XT if not you wont have Overdrive maybe Temp Monitor

lol

looks the same to me just different heat sinks...
and yes it will still flash to xt because all 256bit w/ 256mb is a xt in disguised

ATI Silencer 3 will definately fit, and it can reflash. Congrats on the christmas/holiday present.

I got a Norelco Cool Shave razor. Its a way off from what I asked (a 3.2E with a high end water cooling setup, 2 GB of PC4200 ram, a w/c'ed 6800 GT, and two 19" Samsung LCD monitors), but a very nice gift and SWEET electric razor. Maybe I ask for too much, who knows...

R0CK3TM4NN said:
I got a Norelco Cool Shave razor. Its a way off from what I asked (a 3.2E with a high end water cooling setup, 2 GB of PC4200 ram, a w/c'ed 6800 GT, and two 19" Samsung LCD monitors), but a very nice gift and SWEET electric razor. Maybe I ask for too much, who knows...

LOL, too funny. Maybe theres a 3.2E hidden inside the razer.

well if you are getting excatly what that site shows in its picture, then im afraid you are out of luck.

first off the card in the pic uses 16MB ram ICS and thus uses 16 of them to get 256mb of ram.
It is not a XT PCB as all XTs use 32mb ICs (x8=256mb) however the card does have temp monitoring using the LM63 chip.

If your card looks like the one in the picture, the ATI Silencer 3 WILL NOT FIT !!! it is designed for 8 rammodules only.

I am dissapointed that the crew in this thread has mislead you...

If you are still insure about what im talking about read over my article on cryo-laboratory.com which can be found

here.

im not suer what cooler wil fit. None of the Arctic cooling oneshave support for that many ram modules.
My guess would be that ATI Silencer 1 but that will in term be dictated by your cards mounting holes and whether they are PRO or XT spec...

youll have to look at it in person.

btw the new zalman will probably fit.

Mackers I think it depends on the GPU core

If you have a 350 core, no. If it is a 360 core then heck yeah! I may be wrong, but I do not think there is any way to tell for sure what will have what GPU core. I think some have a better chance of having the 360 core, but I do not know which ones do.

Jacobman, maybe your parents could adopt a much older brother??? Looks like I am getting a shirt or so and some socks! Have a great Xmass!

E

Back