• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX HD4850 Cannot OC???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djwhodunnit

I recently purchased an xfx 4850 625m 1gb card and have been SERIOUSLY frustrated at a complete inability to get the card to overclock... I have tried CCC, AMD GPU Clock tool, and afterburner...none of which have allowed me to apply the changes I made. AMD GPU Clock Tool gives message of "Cannot Apply Changes Check Device Configuration" CCC just hangs, and afterburner pretty much does NOTHING.

I have installed, uninstalled (all done with driver sweeper) catalyst drivers from the 9 series 10 series and 11 series, none of which have worked at all...is this a motherboard compatibility issue? a video card issue? a driver issue? a software issue? lol I am at a loss on this one so far >.<

AMD Phenom II x4 920
ASUS M3A78-CM
4x1GB A-DATA PC2-6400
XFX HD 4850 625m 1GB
XFX 650W PSU EXTREME EDITION FOR PCA
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Try Windows Update & get all the dot NET updates, then try installing the video driver package again.

upon receiving card/psu/cpu I did a clean install of windows with all updates before adding ANY extra software

well, i'm not sure exactly what the issue is still...however I have found a way to overclock the card! Rivatuner didn't work, said catalyst detected but not version or anything like that and wouldn't even allow low-level system settings, much less driver level what did work? afterburner with unofficial overclocking enabled! I haven't had a chance to really give it a go yet but on the stock cooler 675 core / 1050 mem was stable for 2 hours w/temps never reaching 65c

where in afterburner it says driver info, it's just blank which i thought was weird, i don't know if usually it shows a shader clock for ati cards, but the only sliders with values on them in afterburner are core clock and mem clock...at any rate it's awesome that i can at least attempt to see what this card can do now!

Back