• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitcoin bubble is bubbling! At its current rate of increase, I am starting to think pop. 730 on gox.

I think it is moving a bit too fast. Hard to say if it will break 1000 or pop first. $100 per day was amazing, but it seems to be going faster than that now...

OK, I got the latest beeeeer miner all set up (that was NOT intuitive at all!) and it's doing about 3700 prime/s, 57000 tests/s...how does that rate convert to XPM, roughly?

Or should I just be mining PTS?

Ive been reluctant to jump off of XPM but I am going pull some of my gear off of XPM and mine PTS while I wait to see if it is going to recover some value. This ridiculous rise in BTC has murdered primes value.

Ok so I see where to DL the PTS miner for the pool from, but what wallet app do I need for these?

Also anyone have a link to a linux compilation guide for xolos miner?

Last edited:
OK, I got the latest beeeeer miner all set up (that was NOT intuitive at all!) and it's doing about 3700 prime/s, 57000 tests/s...how does that rate convert to XPM, roughly?

Or should I just be mining PTS?

I get about 2000 prime/s on my sig rig. It makes about 0.7 XPM per day. (full 24hr runs)

Personally, I see more profit in pts right now, until XPM can recover.

Ive been reluctant to jump off of XPM but I am going pull some of my gear off of XPM and mine PTS while I wait to see if it is going to recover some value. This ridiculous rise in BTC has murdered primes value.

I don't see any down sides to taking some of your gear away from XPM ssjwizard, go for it! :thup:

I get about 2000 prime/s on my sig rig. It makes about 0.7 XPM per day. (full 24hr runs)

Personally, I see more profit in pts right now, until XPM can recover.
Looking at my payout history on beeeeer over the past 15 min, I worked it out to less than 50 cents a day, when converting to BTC at $800/BTC. Seems worthless.

I'll look into PTS, but can that be easily traded somehow back into $?

Alright I got the protoshares-qt wallet with a bit of googlefu. Just got done adding the nodes and it looks like its going to sync up now. Just need to git and compile the linux miner and Ill be away with 16 cores.

Looking at my payout history on beeeeer over the past 15 min, I worked it out to less than 50 cents a day, when converting to BTC at $800/BTC. Seems worthless.

I'll look into PTS, but can that be easily traded somehow back into $?

Well XPM was exchanging at 0.007BTC about a month ago, and historically was able to maintain 0.002+ rates, the last few days have been devastating to XPM.

Alright I got the protoshares-qt wallet with a bit of googlefu. Just got done adding the nodes and it looks like its going to sync up now. Just need to git and compile the linux miner and Ill be away with 16 cores.

Googlefu?

What about the v0.2 protoshares wallet I linked in this thread a couple pages back? :p

J/k don't worry about it, as long as the wallet syncs, I know the original wallet had sync issues over time...

@LoneWolf121188 you can trade protoshares over at coingrounds.com
Make an account and send your pts to the address they give you. Trade your pts for Bitcoins, then withdraw your bitcoins and sell them somwhere.

Coingorunds.com is the only pts exchange I know about right now so until another opens up..... that's the only option.

(or you can hold onto your pts and get "bitshares" when they launch in january--can someone confirm this? How do we get the bitshares??)
I have no idea about these "bitshares" but the same company that started protoshares will launches these bitshares and everyone that has pts will get bitshares 1:1...

EDIT: So does anyone still own GHS over @ cex.io? Just wanna see the general consensus. :D

Last edited:
Well for anyone who has been watching the price of BTC today WOW the last 30 minutes has been seriously interesting. Im in the process of ordering some BTC to pick up an ASICminer blade, and when the price dropped hundreds of dollars in a few minutes It was really freaky. Nice to see the price balanced out back around where I started watching it earlier today though. So thats a relief.

i sent 0.01 bitcoin to coungrounds. its been 5 hours and i still dont see it. im guessing i lost my 0.01 bitcoin then. gg.

mining only WDC, XPM, and PTS at this point. until dec 25th.

Which miner gets the best performance on LTC? I have a 6850 and a 7950 here that are doing nothing I may as well test the water.

Also I assume pooled mining is more profitable for LTC also? I prefer anonymous pools like eligius, or beeeeer where I just have to mine under my wallet ID. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Which miner gets the best performance on LTC? I have a 6850 and a 7950 here that are doing nothing I may as well test the water.

Also I assume pooled mining is more profitable for LTC also? I prefer anonymous pools like eligius, or beeeeer where I just have to mine under my wallet ID. Any suggestions?

Try hashco.ws for gpu mining, or middlecoin.com...or use www.give-me-coins.com :thup:
I'd use the 7950 alone, it's more efficient and can pull up to 660kh/s which is good.
Use this site to see for yourself: www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

i sent 0.01 bitcoin to coungrounds. its been 5 hours and i still dont see it. im guessing i lost my 0.01 bitcoin then. gg.

mining only WDC, XPM, and PTS at this point. until dec 25th.

Look up the transaction ID in your BTC wallet, and then use blockchain.info to search the txn ID to find out if the transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, or if you're SOL.

Is anyone using BFGminer to mine LTC? I want to set it up to only run on the 7950 and am not sure which options to declare. I thought I had it but I guess im screwing something up.

Ok so actually its partially working, but I need to disable CPU threads, as I am already using most of my cores for something else.

Is anyone using BFGminer to mine LTC? I want to set it up to only run on the 7950 and am not sure which options to declare. I thought I had it but I guess im screwing something up.

Ok so actually its partially working, but I need to disable CPU threads, as I am already using most of my cores for something else.

CGminer is much much easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back