• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM is 96% full???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

all my ram is used, superfetch is off and no process seems to be using it...

look at the pic

Attachments

• memory leak2.jpg
    memory leak2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 142
i have run AVGs full scan i will run adaware and spybot tonight

i recommend !avast anti-virus as well.. its a totally free just register for key once a year.. very nice and has found stuff for me that AVG has not.. and it's less "in your face" than AVG IMHO

Try to download "Malwarebytes." It's a program that I've recently started to use on customer's machines at work...it finds quite a few things that other programs cannot, and is in my routine for spyware scans. (CCleaner, Spybot, Malwarebytes, then AVG and most things are removed. I use CCleaner to remove temporary files and clean up the registry...not having to scan temp files can save a lot of time.)

ALiEN2953 said:
all my ram is used, superfetch is off and no process seems to be using it...
You want memory to be in use. By design, Vista will find use for the physical memory wherever it can. Post a pic. w/ the "Performance" tab open in Task Manager. If you're interested in learning what the five fields in the System table refer to, and detailed information related to each of the default columns under the "Processes" tab...

See details about your computer's performance using Task Manager
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/d119bbe6-f604-4eb1-9c75-bbbc45cce1da1033.mspx

... and click the "Show all" link.

You want memory to be in use. By design, Vista will find use for the physical memory wherever it can. Post a pic. w/ the "Performance" tab open in Task Manager. If you're interested in learning what the five fields in the System table refer to, and detailed information related to each of the default columns under the "Processes" tab...

See details about your computer's performance using Task Manager
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/d119bbe6-f604-4eb1-9c75-bbbc45cce1da1033.mspx

... and click the "Show all" link.

Look at his SS.....it's not under the performance tab that says he has 0MB free memory, it's the total RAM in use, not including the RAM that is cached. Check it out yourself....eg. my laptop has 0MB "Free" RAM, 1.5GB cached out of my 2GB total....on the bottom of the task manager "Physical Memory" is reported as 35% used.

Try to download "Malwarebytes." It's a program that I've recently started to use on customer's machines at work...it finds quite a few things that other programs cannot, and is in my routine for spyware scans. (CCleaner, Spybot, Malwarebytes, then AVG and most things are removed. I use CCleaner to remove temporary files and clean up the registry...not having to scan temp files can save a lot of time.)

Thanks for the tip.+1

Back