• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best buy shipping sucks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

I ordered crysis online December 1st (Saturday) and it shipped out Monday the 3rd. they used some special ups and usps shipping and its taking FOREVER! still havnt gotten it today and the mail lady already came... its been sitting up in oxnard (10miles away) since the 6th. Why the hell didnt they just have UPS bring it to my house :bang head it woulda been here 3 days ago!!!!

needless to say im probably never gonna buy something online from bestbuy again, unless its a really good deal and i can do an instore pickup.

this is just sorrta a rant, and a note to any one ordering off bestbuy dont expect your small package quickly :rolleyes:

Did you try to call UPS and find out why it hasnt moved?

May not be Best Buys fault if UPS hasnt delivered it.

no its been delivered tracking says USPS has it... i just dont understand why the hell they would make UPS deliver to USPS when we have a ups truck come by the house EVERYDAY, hell the ups guy even dropped off some stuff today (shooting vest and some shotgun shells :beer:)

i mean i got stuff from thermalright from TIAWAN faster than this...:bang head

o wells i guess its in their time window of delivery from 12-6-12-13 but 13 days to get something from anywhere in the US is a joke.

Personally I'll never under any circumstance order from Best Buy online.

Why? If the item says in stock and it isn't, they don't tell you it's on backorder, then you wait forever waiting for the item, they don't bother informing you about the item and their online sales is a cluster *-edit-*. I try to avoid Best Buy brick and mortar as well, unless they have an item I need quickly, and then I hop in my car and buy it there. But I wear my Newegg Hat and use it as a sort of Best Buy employee repellent :santa:

Why? If the item says in stock and it isn't, they don't tell you it's on backorder, then you wait forever waiting for the item, they don't bother informing you about the item and their online sales is a cluster *-edit-*. I try to avoid Best Buy brick and mortar as well, unless they have an item I need quickly, and then I hop in my car and buy it there. But I wear my Newegg Hat and use it as a sort of Best Buy employee repellent :santa:

Whats really sad is that most of the people that work at Best Buy probably have no idea what Newegg is :)

Well.... Ordered from the Egg Thursday night and Friday morning. Woot! dual core CPU (X2 4200) for brother's Xmas gift and then some other parts for some computers I am building for the wife's friend's kids. All three shipped on Friday. 1 UPS and 2 Fed Ex Saver. Im in the Dallas TX area.... UPS package tracking shows it left Cali on Friday. Cool. Delivery for Weds. Schweet, it's the brothers CPU, I am dropping by his place tomorrow anyways to deliver a monitor. All is good. Package A (DVD Burner) Arrives in Fort Worth (other side of Dallas) Sunday... Hasn't moved yet. Grrrr. Other package arrives in Mesquite TX (another suburb) on Sunday... It's delivered on Monday. Shipping is always weird around this time of year. Patience grasshopper.

I got to admit... Beginning of Nov when BestBuy Business had the Toshiba HD-A2 on sale for $99 (-$10 coupon found on here) I bought it.. It took about a week to notify me that it was out of stock and discontinued but they did automatically upgrade me to the HD-A3 with 2 Free movies and 5 by rebate.. It took another week or so for them to ship it but I did get an awesome deal and it wasn't something I was in a rush to get..

Yeah Best Buy has got to work out the bugs in their shipping scheme. I ordered a Halo 4 Xbox 360 on Sunday the 18th of November, and it is still not here. Every time i check my email for a notification i am discouraged to find nothing. I also frequently check my order status everyday, and continually find that my item has shipped. But where to? It's been shipping for two weeks now, and if i go to the store myself they look at me and brush it off as no big deal.

I don't shop at Best Buy...ever. Customer service sucks, prices usually suck, stock sucks, I could go on forever.

BTW they are using the UPS product "Sure Post". It is the cheapest slowest UPS service offered. Only companies looking to pinch every penny and don't care about their customers use it. UPS does the transit then delivers it to the USPS for final delivery. The problem is the USPS sometimes delivers them when they feel like it not when it is guaranteed because it doesn't come out of their pocket, it comes out of UPS pockets. This is where a delay comes in. Just another reason not to shop Best Buy.

if you are going to order anything online at bestbuy just do site to store, you never want to mess with the cheep ups to usps crap it would be faster for them to just use one or the other i refuse to order from any store that pulls that crap on me.

you have to be careful with neweggs new vendors on there site now too if they offer free shipping it is usually the ups to usps thing now unless they state otherwise.

what really gets me is they dont tell you that is how they are going to ship and i cant get USPS to do home delivery here and ups only delivers to my home and wont go to my PO box and half the time you dont know how they are going to ship something because they use words like "eggsaver" instead of saying usps or ups ground .
end rant lol

I wish I had seen you guys post before I ordered my stuff from BESTBUY!!!! Ugh they do suck!!

Back