• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

900D With 3x480 Rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I was watching a video where someone had 2 x 480's at the bottom and one at the top. There's no room for a PSU. The video didn't show that. Sure, it has room for 2 x PSU, but they are both at the bottom. Was this a for "show" video that can't really be used?

120.4 on the bottom (non-PSU side)
120.2 on the bottom (PSU side)
120.4 on the top (lose a bay)

Total - 120.10 unless you stick another 120.1 in the rear which than makes it to 120.11

I've seen people for example in Newegg's customer questionaire say that you can fit 3 quads in the case. Obviously they're spewing misinformation. Sure you can, with no PSU in the rig. :rofl:

120.4 on the bottom (non-PSU side)
120.2 on the bottom (PSU side)
120.4 on the top (lose a bay)

Not "quite" correct. With all of those installed, you can also have a 120.2 in the front. :) Depending on which way you place the fittings on the top, you could lose two bays.

Not "quite" correct. With all of those installed, you can also have a 120.2 in the front. :) Depending on which way you place the fittings on the top, you could lose two bays.

I haven't seen one and would like to see an example. Looking at my setup there's no way I could fit a 120.2 in front or the other side of the front panel unless you decide to mod is my guess.

Straight from Corsair:

Five radiator mounting points:
Front: up to 360mm You can only have a 120.2 if you have a rad on the bottom
Top: up to 480mm (4 x 120) or 420mm (3 x 140)
Bottom side one: up to 480mm (4 x 120) or 420mm (3 x 140)
Bottom side two (with PSU installed): up to 280mm (2 x 140) or 240mm (2 x 120)
Rear: 140mm or 120mm

That could be a trick statement. If I install a 360mm or I think a 420mm at the bottom on one side for example than yes I could install a rad in front. I think they aren't stating of doing that all at once. Unless the rads have a even smooth flat top than its possibly but they'll be hair line tight with one installed in front and bottom.

The video I saw on Frozen CPU, the guy said he had 2 x 480's and 2 x 240's installed in the case in two loops. That would mean a 480 on the top and non PSU bottom and a 240 on the front and PSU bottom. You can't see the rad in the front, and the hard drive cage is installed, but you can see something going from the pump to the front. They could be using a thin rad up front.

It said they were running 23 fans total in the case, some push-pull. That's 8 at the top and non PSU bottom. for 16. 4 on the PSU bottom is 20 and 2 on the front, and 1 rear exhaust is 23. t.

Last edited:
Back