• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought a $39 400W for a standard home system for someone that does little but not a lot of gaming.. but it was a FSP... Good PSU powered the AMD X2 3800+ system with a mini atx mobo, 1gb ram and a geforce 7300 GT PCI-E.. All works fine for a cheapy..

And I also bought a 250W $20 PSU for my old AMD 2500+ that is OCed to a 3200+ that uses onboard graphics two years ago and it still works today

I think its just powmax, coolmax, rosewell and dynpower with the bed rep on power supplies.. The $20 one is an Alice Global

Last edited:
I saw one recently on a headset. Said something like

Other Thoughts: Put a vice on your head and squeeze until blood comes out of your eyes...then you'll know what this headset feels like.

Here's what you do, you go out and buy 20-30 of that brand PSU, hook them up to a delayed circuit that will power them up individually at 90 second intervals, wait for whatever day is the national holiday for your country, go outside with your daisy-chained PSUs and enjoy the fireworks.

Make sure you buy a quad core and a couple of 8800ultras/2900xt's for each psu as well to load em up good. :D

Total Customer Reviews: 0

BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW!!!

^^^ i dont think i want to buy that product
------------------------------------------------------------------------

APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4 ATX 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CSA, TUV, CE - Retail

Pros:
Good Power Supply 2 Sata plugs Resonable Price Pretty Light Long Coords

Cons: Failed after 1 week of average useage.

Other Thoughts: I had this power supply for about 1 week and last night I turned off my computer and went to bead then I saw a flash from my PC roomn with a loud POP like a light bulb just died. I looked around in the room and smelt burning. I checked all the outlets then relized it was coming from my compouter. I tried to turn it on and no go, it died in its sleep, what a way to go. You heard me the computer's PSU was off but managed to DIE when everything was turned off. I dont think all of Apevia's PSU's are unreliable but in this case mine lasted for 1 week and now im going to return it for a new one hopfully it will change my mind about Apevia's PSU's. ALso, I will be irrate if it ruined my PC (cpu/mobo etc) hopfully newegg makes this right. I have invested alot of money into them before.

Last edited:
i had one of these powmax before in an old computer that i lan partied with. it worked great for like 8months, than i swamped graphic cards with someone that had a higher end one (and required extra 12v power plug) and sparks came flying out of the psu. i think in all these cases, people were just using high-end, power hungry computers, with cheap psu

Reminds me of a soldering iron I bought at a dollar store. Plugged it in and the glue connecting the wires melted and started smoking. It's kind of ironic that a soldering iron would fail due to lack of soldering.

My brother just bought a new computer from TigerDirect.com, seems they like to use PowMax supplies in their stuff...

Gautam said:
Make sure you buy a quad core and a couple of 8800ultras/2900xt's for each psu as well to load em up good. :D

Waste of money. I've yet to hear of anybody managing to make their 8800 or HD2900 explode. If it doesn't explode, what's the point?

petteyg359 said:
Waste of money. I've yet to hear of anybody managing to make their 8800 or HD2900 explode. If it doesn't explode, what's the point?

You serious? Or can't you read? The point is to put strain on the psu... lawls...

Yeah, but put strain on it with something that will explode along with the PSU. We are trying to make things explode, right?

Mathersalan said:
The bottom one I have a feeling the guy is going too far when the power supply probably just smoked and quit and not catching on fire thats hard to believe.

I had it happen on my ex fiancees Gateway that she bought new. By the time I made it across the room, unplugged it and then made it back with a fire extinguisher, it had visible flames coming out of the PSU.

/she got mad when I told her she should have let me build one instead.

petteyg359 said:

aha...tru

Back