• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

It should be out this week, anyone else excited? I played the first one back in 1995. Most reviews have said its VERY faithful to the original which makes me happy as I doubt the 1995 version would even run on Vista.

Also its a Stand Alone game so no need for any of the other Civ 4's.

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=21

Looks to be cheap too, $29.90 @ go gamer!

I pre-ordered :beer:

I was waiting for someone to start this thread. Do you think it will be on steam? I didn't preorder it from amazon because I was waiting to see.

man I just went through hell with Civ4. Note to Vista 64 users, DO NOT INSTALL CIV4. Once it's patched you will not be able to run it, reinstall it, or uninstall it.

Back to the topic, I really want to play a Civ game, looks like this will be it.

I was waiting for someone to start this thread. Do you think it will be on steam? I didn't preorder it from amazon because I was waiting to see.
I don't see it on there yet, but all the other Civ 4 games are so I would guess it will be eventually, not sure when though.

man I just went through hell with Civ4. Note to Vista 64 users, DO NOT INSTALL CIV4. Once it's patched you will not be able to run it, reinstall it, or uninstall it.
That's strange, my brother plays Civ4 on Vista64 without any issues. What kind of errors are you getting?

I haven't tried the steam versions(although I will this time since in order to fix civ4 I had to reformat).

Basically not to go too far off topic but it was that after patching I was unable to launch civ4 at all. it would immediately crash and tell me that it wasn't responding. It also would't uninstall at all. I did some googling and found that it was a common problem. The strange thing is that the expansion works perfectly, but I'm unable to launch the original(normally wouldn't have a problem, but the not being able to uninstall the thing ****ed me off).

Dunno.. I like Civ 1/2/3 but 4 just didn't do it for me, same thing happened as with the HOMM series.. They went 3D and the gameplay somehow wasn't the same. On the fence with this one even though I love the original Colonization..

I'm still waiting for it to show up on steam. I would have preordered it from amazon but they didn't have release date shipping so it was like $15 to get overnight shipping. Woot it's on steam for $29.99.

Last edited:
Back