• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to deal with NCsoft falsely invalidating account?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Here's the support thread so far:

Customer (Gordon Pettey) 09/11/2010 09:35 PM
I tried to log in to download Guild Wars to play on my computer at school, and the page showed "NCsoft master account petteyg359 has been permanently blocked." I haven't logged in for at least a few months, and I haven't received any email from NC regarding my account, either. Why is my account blocked?
Response (GM Parsec) 09/12/2010 12:14 PM
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

At this time we need to verify that this is indeed your account. Please provide as much of the following information as you can:

-- What first and last name did you use when you created the account?
-- What physical address did you use when you created the account?
-- What date of birth did you use when you created the account?
-- What are the 20/25-digit serial codes/access keys for all games you added to the account?
-- What is the Unique Account ID for all the game accounts you added to the account? (This was sent to you via e-mail on the date your game account was activated with a subject header of 'Game Account Activated'.)
-- Original billing information: If activated using a credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit card used. If activated using a game time card, please provide the 20-digit game time card code used to activate the account. If activated using PayPal®, please provide the Transaction ID or the Invoice ID associated with the original activation purchase.

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you
Parsec
NCsoft Account Support.

To contact our Billing or Technical Support by phone, please call (512)225-6359.
Monday - Friday, 12 PM - 5 PM Central Time (North America)
Long distance charges may apply.
Customer (Gordon Pettey) 09/12/2010 12:39 PM
Gordon Pettey
610 Huntington Ln
Sep 30 1987

As stated in original ticket, I'm at school. I don't have the physical copies of my games with me.

I have two account IDs in my email from City of Heroes. I can't find the Guild Wars email. <removed> <removed>

Mastercard 3291. Attached are Amazon.com receipts for Guild Wars and Factions. I purchased Nightfall at a different store, I'm looking for the receipt still.
Amazon-Order-GuildWars.png
Amazon-Order-Factions.png
Customer (Gordon Pettey) 09/12/2010 12:43 PM
I've found my NightFall receipt, purchased from NCsoft store on May 16 2007.

Key <removed>
Customer (Gordon Pettey) 09/12/2010 12:45 PM
I've found my Eye of the North receipt, dated Aug 31 2007.

Eye of the North and Prophecies GotY Upgrade

Keys
<removed>
<removed>
Customer (Gordon Pettey) 09/12/2010 12:46 PM
Also, receipt for Eye of the North pre-order, dated Jul 30 2007

Key <removed>
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for providing that information.

In reviewing the information you’ve provided, we see that some of what we’ve requested is missing from your response, or the information you’ve given us does not match what was registered to the account. This information is important and is used to assist us in locating the account as well as to verify you as the owner of the NCsoft and game account.

Please try to the best of your ability to locate as much of the information below and we will review your account issue.

-- What first and last name did you use when you created the account?
-- What physical address did you use when you created the account?
-- What date of birth did you use when you created the account?
-- What are the 20-digit serial codes for all games you added to the account?
-- What is the Unique Account ID for all the game accounts you added to the account? (This was sent to you via e-mail on the date your game account was activated with a subject header of 'Game Account Activated'.)
-- Original billing information: If activated using a credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit card used. If activated using a game time card, please provide the 20-digit game time card code used to activate the account. If activated using PayPal®, please provide the Transaction ID or the Invoice ID associated with the original activation purchase.

We look forward to assisting you.

Thanks,
Dale
NCsoft Account Support

To contact our Billing or Technical Support by phone, please call (512)225-6359.
• Monday - Friday, 12 PM - 5 PM Central Time (North America)
• Long distance charges may apply.

I've given them everything they asked for (except a number from an email 15 years ago that I no longer have. Seriously, how many of you have 15 years of backup on your personal email?). They have my keys and dates to match up to their online store logs. They have two account numbers for a different game on the same account. They have four digits of the credit card all payments to their store and subscriptions for CoH were paid on. Any suggestions on what to do at this point?

I got banned from Lineage II . Reason useing 3rd party programs. Wich i never used... NCSoft is awsome.

I had a similar problem with NCsoft a while back. But it never got resolved...well at least, the results never reached me.

I got an E-mail from them saying one of my AION account was RE-ACTIVATED. None of my passwords, or answers to the stupid questions would work. So I sent them an E-mail. I got the EXACT same reply.

I sent them my info, got the E-mail stating that "It appears some information we requested wasn't provided". So I search and search for every drop of info. I even found my original BETA key for AION that came on that little plastic card when you pre-ordered the game. ( how many people actually keep those things for more than a week once used??? ).

I finally let them know that my Credit Card information that was used for the game is no longer valid, as I had changed Credit Card numbers since My account nearly got stolen, but my bank caught the problem, put a freeze on my account, and sent me a new CC number.

The last E-mail I got from them was

NCSOFT said:
Hello Brandon,

Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance, and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Garry
NCsoft Account Support

Billing and Technical Support can be reached via phone,
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 5pm Central at (512) 225-6359.

I never heard from them again. I don't know if they internally figured out the problem, or if the person who got my account gave up since the CC info was no longer good, Or if their system just gave due to the old CC info.

I find NCSoft customer support to be TERRIBLE. They seem to want every drop of information about you, and still take forever to respond.

My advice, is to put every-single-bit of information they asked for, and information that they MAY ask for into ONE E-mail. If it still fails, Try calling their customer support phone number.

Last edited:
I just replied again, and combined all the information into one post, and got the following back.
Response (Jerom) 09/14/2010 04:43 PM
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for providing that information to us.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance, and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Jerom

NCsoft Account Support

• Monday - Friday, 12 PM - 5 PM Central Time (North America)
• Long distance charges may apply.

Hopefully they are more communicative for me than they were for you...

It's ok, they're just doing you a favor. NCSoft games are terrible :p

Being super cereal though, call them. Things like this get resolved much faster over the phone, than a email\ticket system. I've never had to deal with NCSoft personally, but I have had to deal with Blizzard before, and calling over the phone will make this much much smoother.

It's ok, they're just doing you a favor. NCSoft games are terrible :p

Being super cereal though, call them. Things like this get resolved much faster over the phone, than a email\ticket system. I've never had to deal with NCSoft personally, but I have had to deal with Blizzard before, and calling over the phone will make this much much smoother.

Recently, I tried 2 days in a row to get through to Blizzard about a fraud issue and NEVER got beyond their "busy, call back later, >click<" message.

I wonder if threatening to convince everyone I know to NOT buy Guild Wars 2 would help...

Recently, I tried 2 days in a row to get through to Blizzard about a fraud issue and NEVER got beyond their "busy, call back later, >click<" message.

I had my WOW account hacked after 11months of be inactive. (NO idea how that happened) And then later had my battle.net account hacked. Both times their online support was worthless. Finally got them on the phone after 45+min of waiting but they were able to fix the issue. I would say just keep tying if you really want it back, because not even 5 min on the phone fixed my problems.

Finally got a password reset mail back. Account seems to be fixed, though I can't really verify until I get the client downloaded and installed.

Yeah I lost my GW account and my NCSoft Master Account. I had to try and remember everything i filled out when i was 12 because thats when GW released, and then melded into the NCSoft Master account. They had so many quesitons half of which i couldnt' answer until a rep finally just emailed me back and said.. we'll reactivate it but in the future remember.. these 25 questions.

I went back about a week ago to log into Aion.. and my account is banned. I have to do it all over again.. im tired of it!

Back