• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My love of Newegg has officially come to an end.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

I have been shopping at Newegg for almost 10 years. Back then it was a place to get a great deal and customer service was above and beyond one of the best.

Scroll forward to today. My latest purchase happens to be from a 3rd party website in which Newegg advertises on their web site. It is similar to Amazon.com except Newegg takes the money and then leaves all the work to the 3rd party.

Three days after my order, the dashboard still says Verification Process. So I tried to call Newegg. Twenty Minutes (no answer). No call back. So I do online chat. I am informed that the seller can give me the information I need and then he proceeds to give me their contact info. HELLO Newegg, I gave YOU my money.

I know... everyone has probably grown accustomed to the Amazon.com like service, but in contrast, Amazon.com gives you your tracking number. Newegg just takes your money and runs. Now if I have to do a return I will have to call Newegg or Ebags? Who do I send the package too? Who refunds me my money. It already goes through Paypal which is a hassle in and of itself.

I love how one guy gets paid while someone else does the work. Newegg is now a middle man and as such I will be ending my relationship with Newegg. This reminds me of how a newly opened restaurant is so great with great food and customer service. Then when they realize that they have a good thing, they go and ruin it by trying to make tons of money.

/rant off

Good-bye Newegg.

.....can't you just buy items Newegg stocks and cease purchasing third-party items through them? Seems strange to basically rob yourself of good deals on hardware because you don't want to buy a blender from whoever they're processing orders for. :shrug:

Their deals aren't even that good. Newegg is all about rebates for a good deal. I have actually been getting better deals through staples and Tiger Direct IN STORE. If Newegg is going to do third-party, then they should do it right. I don't particularly care for Amazon's style, and Newegg is just becoming another Amazon/Tiger Direct Hybrid.

THIS is what takes you away from a vendor? :facepalm: :shrug:

Not only that they are a middle man, but that they don't take any responsibility for it. Who do I go to when the order is wrong, or not as displayed on their site? I also don't like the run around. I order online out of convenience, and now it has become inconvenient. I shouldn't have to sit on the phone with two different companies for one product.

Me--->My Bank---->Paypal---->Newegg--->Ebags

For returns Me--->Ebags--->Newegg--->Paypal--->My bank--->Me

Shipping was supposed to be 2-3 days, and now it is 7-14 days. I don't even want to think about the returns at this point. I actually went to Tiger Direct/Comp USA store for a Monitor that Newegg had. I paid $20 more plus my time and gas because I didn't want to deal with return policies.

Online convenience has come to an end.

I would have to imagine the company you ordered for... Amazon does this too (scratch them off your list too - but they give tracking...). Looks like its Brick and Mortar for you! :p

No actually, my fiance has ordered through this company before 3 times and the experience was different when ordering on their site.

I did a Google Shopping search and found Newegg and Ebags both. Price was the same. Since I already have a long term relationship with Newegg, I elected to order through them. My mistake. I know that members on here have a love of all things Computers and therefore Newegg is a beloved Vendor, but I think they can do better.

Again, I think this is the end for me.

Of course after I do this complaining and then post bad reviews and post bad opinions on online forums THEN THEY TAKE ACTION. Screw them.

Of course after I do this complaining and then post bad reviews and post bad opinions on online forums THEN THEY TAKE ACTION. Screw them.
Do explain... you took the time to rant, take the time to show what they did/are doing...:thup:

While I was writing my last post, the Order Status changed from Verification to Shipped. ****Status change at 11:16am,****

Of course there is still no tracking number. ****Shipping info arrived at 11:41am.****

And why did I have to make 3 phone calls and go through an online chat?

Really ED I expect more, but I understand why you would come to their defense.

This is not the first time I have had to play phone tag with Newegg, but it will be my last.

Last edited:
With respect.. I think its asinine that you are completely eliminating an entire vendor over something like this (I'm not alone it seems, either).

I can see you not buying 3rd party items from them, sure as you dont seem to like the way those logistics works...understandable. However on anything else, sillyness, as there isnt a problem there.

As far as the phone calls, I have called newegg twice with no problems, I usually use chat.

I dont know, I guess from your perspective I'm a glutton for punishment to go back when having that kind of experience. From my perspective, not using newegg again is a very dramatic resolution to a problem that may only happen with ebags/3rd party (who knows), but we KNOW doesnt happen with newegg items themselves. Taking a singular experience that really wasnt too bad to begin with (IMO - its not like they ripped you off.. bottom line here is longer shipping than advertised) and making that The Gospel for them is dramatic at best.

To each their own... enjot BnM stores though. :(

With respect... If you can't see that Newegg has taken a dramatic turn for the worse then consider yourself lucky. Obviously I am alone in my opion, that or I am the only one who bothers to post it here. I hope everyone has a better experience than I.

I see people complaining, but I'm not a lemming and dont give a **** really about people's singular experiences. I was in Customer Service for years and know that one bad experience does not mean the rest will be... not even close. In fact, its quite the contrary even. A few complaints have been registered here there and everywhere about newegg... then again a few complaints have been registered here there and everywhere about every company... time to start making your own hardware I guess.

Newegg is fine for me, and has been for YEARS. I do appreciate you letting us know about your experience however. :)

I used NewEgg for many years,but Amazon has better prices on alot of the same products.I love there super saver shipping on orders over 25 dollars.Start your comparison.You'll see the difference in many products.

Frustration Free packaging - This is great for hardrives.No more bouncing around on poorly packed items.I would never buy any hdd's from NewEgg or ANY vendor just for that reason.Yes,I would pay more to insure my hardrives are safe in shipping,but there is no extra charge.

Here is the best way to use Amazon.Put items in your cart,you may want to buy,and keep them in cart.Then monitor the cart for a week or 2,because the pricing is always fluctuating.I track alot of pricing by having stuff in cart for months,just because.You can save alot of money by pulling the trigger at the right time.(ie) I had a Rosewill Black Hawk Mid tower in the cart for 2 weeks recently.It went from 86 dollars to 70 dollars for just 1 day.Well,that was my lucky day :) Funny though,Rosewill is owned by NewEgg in some shape or form.People call it there in house brand.This same case on Newegg never goes below 90 dollars. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107

I bought a divx player on Amazon using a 3rd party.Bottom line it was defective,and they gave me the runaround.I called Amazon because of there a-z guarantee.They solved the problem.New divx player and a free 20 dollar promo because it took time to sort out this mess with 3rd party vender.I never looked back after that,making Amazon my go to vender.

Never had a problem returning Items within the 30 day period for full refund with no shipping charge.

Need another reason.Amazon must have alot of warehouses,because Most of my stuff gets shipped by close neighboring states.I live in Ohio,and all the stuff I ordered from the Egg comes from California or Tennessee.They have a warehouse in NewJersey ,but I never get that lucky.

Last edited:
Wipeout, you expressed my sentiments exactly. Perhaps it is naive of me to expect Newegg to keep up with Amazon. Ebay has changed to keep up, Amazon changes to keep up. I think Newegg is not really sure what to do. I know that customer service is costly (a cost which I don't mind paying), but when you are the vendor, then it is your job to make sure that the transaction is seamless, otherwise why bother being in the middle?

NewEgg does tend to be a little shady.

When I was looking to buy my Cosmos II, they had one of those deal sheets with the little codes, percentage off cases.

I go to buy it on NewEgg... and the price has magically risen from yesterday.
On Google, when I googled Cosmos II and they have the little windows with it from different vendors (NewEgg, Amazon, etc) it had the price from yesterday on Google.

So clearly they changed it to make the deal less of a deal for us. Trying to pull the wool over my eyes as it was.

So I wrote an angry review on the NewEgg Cosmos II's calling them out.

It wasn't published =P and I went to Amazon instead and got it with $0 shipping and $20 cheaper overall.

Eat me, NewEgg.

Now I mostly use SuperBiiz or Amazon unless only NewEgg has the item I'm looking for.

With respect... If you can't see that Newegg has taken a dramatic turn for the worse then consider yourself lucky. Obviously I am alone in my opion, that or I am the only one who bothers to post it here. I hope everyone has a better experience than I.

I agree with you in the sense that I don't want to buy 3rd party items from newegg, and I don't think they clearly differentiate these items well enough. It can almost look like you are buying from newegg, but in reality, the service and fulfillment is NOT newegg at all.

I wouldn't shop for anything at newegg that isn't fulfilled directly by newegg. Additionally, anything bought through a 3rd party on newegg likely has a markup, as that 3rd party has to pay to be listed as part of newegg's site and those costs need to be covered.

I see people complaining, but I'm not a lemming and dont give a **** really about people's singular experiences. I was in Customer Service for years and know that one bad experience does not mean the rest will be... not even close. In fact, its quite the contrary even. A few complaints have been registered here there and everywhere about newegg... then again a few complaints have been registered here there and everywhere about every company... time to start making your own hardware I guess.

Newegg is fine for me, and has been for YEARS. I do appreciate you letting us know about your experience however. :)

How about you don't get in EVERY. SINGLE. PERSONS. face when they want to rant about a vendor? This is vendor discussion, and if you hound everyone who posts in this section and discount every person's opinion as a singular experience, its going to end up discouraging a multitude of experiences from being posted because some newbs are going to be too intimidated by what they read in here.

This complaint isn't even about a singular experience - its about dissatisfaction of a business practice of 3rd party orders and fulfillment. Everyone who happens to buy a 3rd party item off newegg is likely to have the same experience of less "newegg-ish" customer service and fulfillment.

Yes I thought i was getting a good deal on gaming software from newegg and at the time I did not know it was from a third party and I could kill my self that i did not buy from amazon it was so much cheaper there.:shrug:

Yes I thought i was getting a good deal on gaming software from newegg and at the time I did not know it was from a third party and I could kill my self that i did not buy from amazon it was so much cheaper there.:shrug:

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint about this whole 3rd party deal. I can't count how many times I've seen a half decent deal before catching the small "Sold by: " section on the side, only to realize I'm getting a better deal on Amazon. I've yet to have a problem directly with newegg and have no problem paying a couple extra bucks to order from them. But if I'm buying from a third party, I might as well stick to Amazon.

Back