• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wait ...or jump in!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
football said:

I normally agree with what you say, but not this time.....:(

That's like saying a 1.4g system will perform slower with a 9800PRO, than it would with a 9700PRO.

That 9800PRO might not be maxed out running on a 2.0G system (thank god!), but it will outperform a 9700PRO running on the same system. That is so bull to say, that if you have a less than 2.5 cpu, don't get the 9800PRO.

Then to say a AMD system at that, when they are beating the Intel setups at lesser speeds. A damn 2500+ barton only runs at 1.8G, and that's a far cry from 2.5G

You are letting Overclocker550 get to you man, that statement just didn't make since. Although I do agree, it would take atleast a 3.6 intel to max the card out.......:rolleyes:

maybe I wasn't clear, or you need to realy reread my post....

all I'm saying is that, there is alot of extra performance left in both the 9700 and 9800 cards.

while I agree that a 9800pro will always beat a 9700pro in the same system....I was talking about video performance/bandwith at it's MAXIMUM.

mica

it depends, if u jump in and get a 9800xt then u wont have 2 upgrade for a fair bit, but it u wait and get 1 of the new gfx cards then u may have sum probs e.g. look at the FX5200, wen it first came out EVERYONE went out and bought it coz of all the hype around the FX series, and look how rubbish it was, if ur gonna wait atleast wait for some reviews u can trust.

I appreciate everyones input. It does make sense to have a faster CPU to take advantage of the more powerful video cards.

This makes be rethink to build a single cpu gaming system.

Back