• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

280x causing graphics driver to crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

Ok, my rig is in my signature. I've tried both the "stable" release and beta catalyst drivers and I've also tried win 8.1 and 7 ult. both yield random graphics driver crashes. I'm just curious as to whether the card itself could be causing a graphics driver crash. it has no specific timing, not even under a load really. I gamed all yesterday 8+ hours with no problems 1 hour into a movie I got a bsod (atikmpag.sys) I believe that was the code, don't quote me on that. but that is a ati driver so. again I ask you. is it my hardware, is it my overclock, is it the drivers?

my cpu overclock has been stable for almost a year(maybe a bit less), and my gpu is factory oc'd.

Could try installing afterburner/gpu-tweak and upping the voltage on the core a little bit and see if it helps fix the issue.

What power supply are you using? Also with Afterburner, you can try disabling ULPS to see if switching power states is causing the graphics driver to crash for whatever reason.

psu: rm750
and I have gpu tweak but if in afterburner I can disable ulps I'll grab that

I've done both I'll let you know if the problem persists

Last edited:
I am interested in your results. I have a similar problem with the driver crashing if I browse a web page while folding. My NVidia cards never had a problem.

Disabling upls seems to have fixed it, I'm not sure 100% but in what I've done it seems to have made it better,

Back