• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]AMD Phenom II x6 1075T Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
guwahhh I just went through it. I forgot I had not reflected the changes I made on the forum version. So there was a lot of stuff to update. Still need to re-write the introduction and conclusion. I Also need to add the DDR3 information Non-BE Thuban information, and update the CPU-NB section.

smiley-violent072.gif

Wow

I was trying to upgrade in the near future and this little monster seems like a chip i could afford. I was thinking the i7 but your review has shed some light on a dark subject that i don't know much about. :clap: thanks

From what it looks like they're going to break it with Bulldozer though, reportedly moving to AM3+. I will say their sockets last a heck of a lot longer than Intel's....and they only have one at a time, which Intel should pay attention to IMHO. :)

From what it looks like they're going to break it with Bulldozer though, reportedly moving to AM3+. I will say their sockets last a heck of a lot longer than Intel's....and they only have one at a time, which Intel should pay attention to IMHO. :)

No doubt...that stuff is confusing.

Can't really be too mad at AMD...if the Dozer is the massive change it's cracked up to be then a new socket is probably a necessary evil.

its an interesting CPU tbh!
i dont quite understand why its needed though as you could just get a 1055t and bump it up a lil bit real easy!

its an interesting CPU tbh!
i dont quite understand why its needed though as you could just get a 1055t and bump it up a lil bit real easy!
Easy to "bump it up a lil bit" IF the board can handle it. A lot of boards peak out around the 260 MHz mark leaving you at 3640 for the 1055T. A 1075T with the same board would hit 3900 MHz ...

Hm that motherboard is pretty expensive, do you guys think 4ghz would be doable on a budget board (150$ish)?
A "budget board" at $150??? You must be used to Intel board pricing.

For AMDs $150 is pushing high-end, <$200 will get you anything except the extreme boards, which are kind of a waste unless you're going with extreme cooling (below 0°C) ... ;)

Last edited:
Back