• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual layer? Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

On newegg they are selling a dual layer dvd burner for around $70. Is dual layer worth it right now? the discs are really expensive right now I know. Are they going to fall in prices anytime soon?

Might as well get the Dual Layer burner, for the extra what $20, $10? its worth it so when the media is less than $15 a pop you'll be sorted

I have recomended to all my friends to hold off on buying dual layer. Right now the dual layer DVD's are too pricey, and too hard to find.

The Dual Layers are burning at like 2x which is way to slow even for a 4 gig let alone a 9gig DVD.

By the time you can get blank dual layer DVD's at your corner computer store and they are down to a realisitic price, the DVD burner you bought will be outdated and way to slow. I cant say anything about prices, becuase they are already so cheap it is unbelievable.

The Dual-Layer DVD burners available only burn in the Dual-Layer DVD+R format.
Dual-Layer DVD-R is not available yet.
I would wait for the multi-format Dual-Layer DVD burners.
Besides, Capt Fiero is right, they only burn at 2.4X at the moment.
Laters.

Back