• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haswell-E/X99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Woah, 12 core or more? :shock:

I'm in :cool:
Just need money before they release it

Also, why such a ridiculous amount of L3?

I haven't followed x99 much. I am interested to see performance, but I don't think that I will be purchasing. If bitcoin decides to double in price, then I might splurge, though.

The RVE is looking good.

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19227-asus-rampage-v-extreme-x99-for-haswell-e-dyker-upp-hos-alina

COh9nkU.jpg

Looks to be a monster , It will be interesting to see how the efficecy stacks on these top end boards, It is going to be fun although price of admission is going to sting ....

I do not think we will be disapointed, only problem I see so far is availibility, where is this board ?

Loving the bucket challange though

x99 will not offer a quad ,

2x 6 cores and 1x 8 core

There will be Xeon quad core but I think you will need ECC memory to use it. Xeons will be available up to 18 cores and probably will work on most desktop boards. I think we will see more cores when Intel release new batches in a year or something. Hard to say now if they will keep this platform for 2-3 years+ or change to something else. 2011 was on the market for a long time and there are still quite new CPUs available ( from this year I mean ).
From desktop CPUs only 6 or 8 cores right now but maybe we will see more in some time.

About that ASRock board. My ASUS MVG was under water couple of times and survived and I mean like whole board was under water due to some watercooling leak. The same I had no problems with moisture on ASRock Z87/Z97 boards or GB Z87/Z97 OC/SOC. Somehow I wouldn't try that with MSI board :)
Btw I still can't find Z97 OCF in local stores and I already got 2 Z97 boards from which one went to RMA :p I bet the same will be with availability of X99.

Last edited:
Well, Gaming 9 AC booted last night.. The kingston ram liked its rated 3K speeds @ 1.5v... (at 125 bclk)

Btw I still can't find Z97 OCF in local stores and I already got 2 Z97 boards from which one went to RMA :p I bet the same will be with availability of X99.

That is odd, the z97 OCF is easy enough to get here ?

I hope the x99 version is available soon, However no rush when it gets here it gets here, gives me time to nail down the kit as that is where I have the most questions, the Adata 2133 Cas13 may be promising along with the Crucial Kit

but have time to research , once the board is out I will pull the trigger on the Kit

Can't really do much with anything until October anyway

Back