• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the BH6 work with PIII 933?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mavkam

I cant seem to get the PIII 933 to work on my BH6? I'm not getting over 850!!!!! Please help.

by the book, No. However if it is a rev 1.1 where you can get a 1/4 pci divider then you may be in luck. another thing to think about there is the video card because with the bx chipset running at 133 mhz (which shouldn't be an issue) your agp bus is out of spec, rather than being at 66 mhz it will be running at 87 mhz and some cards just can't handle that.

So let us know a little more about your system so we can help and welcome to the forum.

I have the 1.0 but I think the one I got for my girlfriends computer is the 1.1. I can switch them. I know nothing about the 1/4 pci divider. I have a viper 770 tnt2 ultra card. Could it be the problem? I probably should just sell the entire BH6 setup with the celeron and get a better board and memory. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer.

you should be able to switch them without any problems that i can see. the pci bus on your mobo runs at 33 mhz and when you raise the front side bus from100 tp 133 you change the speed your pci bus runs at, at 133 mhz fsb your pci bus would then be 44 mhz and very few pci cards can run reliably at that speed. now with the rev 1.1 you have a 133 mhz fsb setting that gives you a 33 mhz bus with a setting of 1/4 rather than 1/3.

So if you can talk your girl into letting you hack her system then switch boards. one rule though spend the time to put it back together right. no missing screws!..............lol......................

I hope this helps, oh and your tnt 2 card should be ok with the higher than spec agp bus.

And as for selling the mobo, if you can switch them I WOULD NOT sell it. the bh6 rev 1.1 is an awfully stable board for overclocking and all around one of the best boards abit has ever made, it just does not have all the fsb settings most newer boards have.

Mine is more stable than my be6 with my pIII 700 at 933

ss Bios on BH6 1.1?

Okay I switched the boards, but the 1.1 has the ss bios which is for the 1.0 right? There is no 1/4 pci divider. Should I flash it with the 1.1 bios (su bios)?

bh6 PIII 933

It worked!!! The sp bios was the key! I got it to run at default- now I'll see how far I can push it. Thanks for your help.

Abit Bh6 mb also

I have a Abit BH6 Ver1.01 bios HN. I flashed it with the new bios. My multiplyer goes up to 8x only so I think this limits me quite a bit. BUt could any of you tell me what is a good celeron to use for my MB to hit 1ghz stable at a low voltage. I have 256mb pc100, Matrox G450 16mb video card. I was thinking of either a celeron 667 or 700. Any information would be appreicated.

Isnt the ss the newest bios for your board? Dont worry about the multiplier setting the chip is locked by intel. I dont know much about the 667 or the 700 but the 600 is my pick. I gave up on getting the PIII stable on my bh6 and went back to the cele 600 and its now solid at 1008.

What are your settings? Does it matter if I don't have slot key that doesn't have adjustable voltage? Does anyone know if a super slocket-III is a good slot key? It seems somewhat generic.

Back