• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official BF2 clan of OCF! [OCG]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't had time to search for it yet, but doesn anyone have a link for a "how to" on installing the server files for linux? I dl'ed the file and it's a 132MB .sh file. So I need some direction.

Thanks.

:edit: I think Jack should take some form of leadership in the organization of the clan since he we the integral force in getting this started.

Last edited:
jack222 said:
That's what i was thinking. I was hoping to play on the server a bit. Then we can decide the squads. That would be a great idea for sure.

But since i have only heard what people pkay as, we havent actually seen them play so yea.

But imagine how quickly 2 spec op's dude could take out artillery and UAV and satelitte? If snipers are watching their back and they did it fast, that would be like upstoppable.

Thats what I was thinking. After all take out the artillery and command center, we would have a better playing field. Their commander wouldn't be able to see us and wouldn't have to worry about it rainnig shells around us.

Hey,

Was looking over this Thread, and I would like to get into the clan also. If you still have room for one more that is..

here's my info...

1. BF2 name- Ace66
2. Kit most often used- Anti-tank (main)/ special forces
3. Land or air vehicle best at- tanks, mostly on foot.
4. Position in best land or air vehicle - whatever needed, haven't played much with air vehicles..
5. Average playing time- have been playing 1 to 3 hours night. 4 days aweek average..
6. Best way to be contacted- pm or email [email protected]

Lets play!

Here Is an Idea that I will put out after talking to jack.

IF we do a Tournament for Forgotten Hope This Idea has come off of a previous tournament I've played in for the same mod. This is a short explantion of how it works.

---------------------

Teams
---------------------

There is the AXIS, and the Allies.

This is the two "teams". Now To be selected to be put into a team you will go to the site for the tounament, click resgister, and enter desired name you will have the choice of choosing (There would be a fee for this option.) You can also click random (No fee.) Once Sorted into Either Side you would have the choice of which part of the army would like to join! This would cover everything from A bombing squad to special forces squad! If someone wants to be part of the ground force anyone can join, however, If you wanted to join something like a bombing squad you would need to be tested to make sure you qualify.
---------------------

Maps
---------------------

Sense redundancy is bad thing especially in maps there would be a mapping team. The mapping team would be about 7- 15 people making maps for each match. These people would need to be cleared before being qualifyed to work in the mapping deparment. Team work is Key here. The mapping team would also make the testing maps for the different divesions on each side.
---------------------

Matchs
---------------------

The tournament would last a period of Four weeks. After the 4 weeks there would be a weeks break where people would be resorted and it would start over. the matchs would last 6 hours in this period anyone can join. There would be a commander, and squad leader for each branch. The communcation would be over teamspeak.

Thats all my hands hurt :(

Last edited:
You know there are ladders/leagues like TWL, CAL, Squad Games, etc? What is the point of having an in-clan tournament when you could play in these? I don't plan on joining the clan, btw, just wondering.

Kitler said:
Here Is an Idea that I will put out after talking to jack.

IF we do a Tournament for Forgotten Hope This Idea has come off of a previous tournament I've played in for the same mod. This is a short explantion of how it works.

---------------------

Teams
---------------------

There is the AXIS, and the Allies.

This is the two "teams". Now To be selected to be put into a team you will go to the site for the tounament, click resgister, and enter desired name you will have the choice of choosing (There would be a fee for this option.) You can also click random (No fee.) Once Sorted into Either Side you would have the choice of which part of the army would like to join! This would cover everything from A bombing squad to special forces squad! If someone wants to be part of the ground force anyone can join, however, If you wanted to join something like a bombing squad you would need to be tested to make sure you qualify.
---------------------

Maps
---------------------

Sense redundancy is bad thing especially in maps there would be a mapping team. The mapping team would be about 7- 15 people making maps for each match. These people would need to be cleared before being qualifyed to work in the mapping deparment. Team work is Key here. The mapping team would also make the testing maps for the different divesions on each side.
---------------------

Matchs
---------------------

The tournament would last a period of Four weeks. After the 4 weeks there would be a weeks break where people would be resorted and it would start over. the matchs would last 6 hours in this period anyone can join. There would be a commander, and squad leader for each branch. The communcation would be over teamspeak.

Thats all my hands hurt :(

Well I think I took most of that in. Very good idea I think, Im definatly interested, only thing is I dont know if I would be able to pay for selecting teh team and all, if I understoof that correctly, but Im definatly interested.

Gentleman this is sweet.

BF2 name- TurboCool510
Kit most often used-Spec Ops
Land or air vehicle best at-APC
Position in best land or air vehicle(i.e, gunner, pilot, etc.)-Gunner
Average playing time- 2-6hrs a day
Best way to be contacted-PM or AIM:RollinOnDubsXLT

PS I'm leaving for a cruise to bermuda tomorrow and will be returning Friday, I will have my laptop on teh boat but not my gaming rig. :bang head

Who are the server admins?
Are we goin to get a ranked server cause if we could get the supposevly $80 for becoming ranked which turned out false couldnt we pay 5 more to get a 32man server?

Seriously guys I thinks it imperative we have a ranked server. It cannot cost THAT much. I will conrtibute a large chunk of change for a ranked server.

I just picked up a new mic and I'm anxious to play with it. I also have another one that I'd be willing to give to somebody who didn't have one because a friend gave it to me but I bought a headset\mic thing by Altec Lansing.

Heh. RangerXLT, I could really use it. I've been looking to buy a mic... but I'm currently out of... "political capital" with my parents. Haha, and Iceblaster, it WAS you whom I saw in that Pistol/Knife server!

Icebl@ster said:
Who are the server admins?
Are we goin to get a ranked server cause if we could get the supposevly $80 for becoming ranked which turned out false couldnt we pay 5 more to get a 32man server?

Clan Admins and Server Admins can be found on page one.

Guys, we are going to start out with a unranked server. That does not mean it will stay like that. Just let's get the clan all setup and everything, see everyone play, and then move on to bigger and better things.

i think once we are done recruiting, then we should move to a ranked server, yeah they are expensive, but that is why we will see who is the hardcore and most dedicated. and willing to pay a bit more for the server.

and has anybody found a decent price on a ranked server? last i heard is that they are about 500, but that cant be right?!?!

I think unranked at first would be a great idea. For the simple fact with practices we will be killing each other alot. Like for myself I would love to get back in to sniping so I would kinda need a human target to shoot at. With doing this in the begining on a ranked server would be a bad idea.

Agree ... unranked is fine for now . Having a ranked server to start will just cause us not to focus on what we really need to do in getting the clan up and going. The main goal for now is to get , members/positions/strategies/team work .

Back