• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto Lovers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

just got this email

gonna be great i think i love all gta games.

untitled3mo1.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281505

untitled12io.jpg

untitled24zu.jpg

whats the hype with these games? I've never once found them interesting... i got bored seriously fast. The only GTA i like was GTA 2 and only the demo cause it was free and fun for... not long.

boris_37 said:
whats the hype with these games? I've never once found them interesting... i got bored seriously fast. The only GTA i like was GTA 2 and only the demo cause it was free and fun for... not long.
try ps2 gta3 and vice city, san andreas for ps2 or try it for pc, they are alot better than gta n gta 2 there still fun but gta3,vice city, san andreas are fun

boris_37 said:

Hookers.

Well, that and the variety. There s just too much to do. You can do a million different things in SA. Granted the story moves too slowly and is pretty weak and the whole III series is a jack of all trades master of none. e.g. as a racer it sucsk, as an action game it sucks, as a shooter it sucks, as an RPG it sucks, as a social sim it sucks, as a fighting game it sucks, but you get alittle bit of everything in 1 game and it makes for a pretty cool experience.

By the sounds of it you haven't played SA or didn't play much of it. Get about halfway through and you'll probably (yup that was a disclaimer) like it. SA is really much better than the others because the chracter developement is a bit better and theres twice as much crap to do.

They are way too hyped and they always start off WAY too slowly, but theres a lot to love if you just give it a chance, so for just pennies a month won't you give a child.. errr a game a chance :(

Last edited:
i tried gta3. the whole "feel" of the game was just tiring. Reminded me of newer games like Halo and what not... just the same boring stuff :S sigh :( i guess im hard to please. even the rpg's nowadays im not interested in picking up and i fricken love rpg's to death.

boris_37 said:
i tried gta3. the whole "feel" of the game was just tiring. Reminded me of newer games like Halo and what not... just the same boring stuff :S sigh :( i guess im hard to please. even the rpg's nowadays im not interested in picking up and i fricken love rpg's to death.

hah. lower standards ='s funner life! :santa:

IMO GTA III series is one of the best franchises ever.
As said the sheer amount of things to do in SA and VC are amazing and the games are soo fun and memorable.
The music in VC was the best game score ever and add to that the radio shows it became an instant winner.

The key to the success was that they didn't dish you more of the same in each game but they improve one apon another but keeping the same familiar game engine that was soo versatile.

I can't wait for IV but its year and a half away...

VC was the best one for me. The atmosphere and the music made it very immersive. The characters drew influences or were downright plagiarized from 80s movie and TV characters.

It does get boring after awhile, but if you take a break and go play like bf2 and then come back you'll love it again. Atleast thats how it is for me...

Luftwaffle said:
VC was the best one for me. The atmosphere and the music made it very immersive. The characters drew influences or were downright plagiarized from 80s movie and TV characters.

You mean like Crockett and Tubbs chasing you in the Ferrari after you get a 4 star wanted level? :D

FudgeNuggets said:
You mean like Crockett and Tubbs chasing you in the Ferrari after you get a 4 star wanted level? :D
Yeah. That sort of thing.

I liked the coked up lawyer too.

Back