• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800 gts 512 vs 8800 gts 640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stillnotavette

Registered
I am planing on buying one of thees two cards. xfx 8800 gts 512mb g92 or xfx 8800 gts 640mb g80. I have looked at both cards from a benchmarking stand point and cant decide on witch one to buy. I was locking for some input from some people. Is it better to have the extra memory or the faster core speed. is one better than the other. I mean the g92 is faster but is just 512 its still a lot of memory do I relay need the 640 mb card
just wanted to see what any one els had to say.
Dustin

I am planing on buying one of thees two cards. xfx 8800 gts 512mb g92 or xfx 8800 gts 640mb g80. I have looked at both cards from a benchmarking stand point and cant decide on witch one to buy. I was locking for some input from some people. Is it better to have the extra memory or the faster core speed. is one better than the other. I mean the g92 is faster but is just 512 its still a lot of memory do I relay need the 640 mb card
just wanted to see what any one els had to say.
Dustin

Not even a contest...The G92 8800GTS will disembowel a G80 GTS 640.

Viper

Back