• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Usage Reaching 100% Due To rss.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyflow

Registered
Hello guys. The thing is that a few days back I installed a new CPU cooler, the Corsair H80i. I wasn't getting very good temps and it was probably because of the loose backplate issue the h80i and h100i have. Then I found some nylon washers and that fixed the problem with the backplate. When the high temperatures persisted I decided to check my task manager, finding that the CPU was hot because it was working at 100% load due to a .exe file called rss.exe. I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64. The file is located here C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\File Cache. Does anyone have any idea why this is using so many resources out of the CPU? Thanks in advance

Here are some screenies with the process running and after I ended it with the task manager.
Running
Not Running
This last screenshot shows the pc working fine without the rss.exe process

Back