• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Departing this Forum. and final word on AMD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblack

I am a professional gamer. been one for 3 yrs now, respected in the gaming world, spokesman on my company for systems on multiple forums.

Here on this forum though, apparently, I was banned from a thread giving honest opinions. (with no reasons given.) Which is strange, cause two other forums 'pays' my company for me to do the same, I thought I was doing everyone a favor by posting my professional opinions for free here. (hence I cannot use my real name, or disclose my company, as that will be unfair to those that pay. these are professionism that people in my world are strict about. Failure to withhold, will mean I be fired immediately from my contract.)

anyway. People claim I 'bash' AMD too much. I will like to clarify.

AMD has good product, way enough for the average joe, at a cost that's good for them.

however their marketting ways should be taken with a pitch of salt, as they are masters of gimmicks and FPS comparison isn't as 'comprehensive' as a performance benchmark as many of you might be assuming it to be.

there's also frametime, variance, quality. All of which adds up to the gaming experience, and smoothness of the graphics. Also note, these factors are not measured commercially today, which I suspect will be later given time, as frame variance is already now measureable.

That being said, I have notice this forum's senior posters strongly favors AMD, Examples of bias includes:

1, announcing AMD bundles, while ignoring nvidia's similar news.
2, relying strictly on FPS as guidance on GPU quality.
3, relying strictly on Price/performance as efficiency guidance on GPU.
4, announced microstuttering 'as not relevant' .

all of the above are flawed in one way the other. and strongly favors AMD. I am sure I do not need to explain why further. I am not sure why that is the case, yet I can guess a few reasons where there's an apparent favorism.

I won't hide my discontent on AMD as a company, but that's based on my company's experience with AMD, that I will not disclose further. That experience however taught me to:

1, never take marketting material literally, think a little.
2, judge for yourself, in seeing which is best, don't easily listen to others.
3, the only thing that's real, appears to be: things are cheap for a reason.

that being said. I feel my task is done.
If admins do not like this post, they can remove it, I don't mind.
as I honestly think I was giving good professional opinions, for free. On a nation that values free speech.

:shrug:
good endeavours to all.
I can be found on other forums. (though different names in each.)

take care.

Last edited:
I banned you from the thread because your post contained a lot more than your opinion, it was less about your opinion than your need to belittle those you were posting about. If you need to post "pardon the tone", that's a pretty solid indication you knew it was a poor choice to post.

If you get paid to share opinions in that manner, please do share what company pays you to talk to others like that so we can all avoid them.

If you get paid to share opinions in that manner, please do share what company pays you to talk to others like that so we can all avoid them.

I cannot disclose. won't take your immature challenge here to say anything. mr admin.

you don't know who you are talking to. that's all I can say.
BUT your points are taken. and I will leave your forum to your management.
I know when I am not welcomed, and I am cool with that. If it was rude of me, then I apologize. You see, I don't mind apologizing.

and my 'pardon my tone', is because I was provoked 'repeatedly' by your forum senior posters, 1 by 1, that is. I am usually more polite, but I saw no reason to be when a bunch of folks with no clue what they are saying, start to question my professional view. really, please check your senior poster's knowledge and bias. it was a 'shame' to discuss with such a group of people with no real life experience.

my step-dad told me this is a great place to post, what does he know.

quite a close minded "forum". :shrug:
guess you all happy in your bubble of knowledge. :shrug:
bottomline is. I am professional, paid to share. Both Nvidia and AMD had offered our gaming house to be sponsered by them.
I feel I am in a MUCH better position to say anything. I mean, do you guys even get private drivers for games? I am guessing no.
To me, this forum is 'amateurish' at best.. and thanks for proving so.

Last edited:
There was nothing immature. I'm quite serious. I would avoid any company that hires anyone to post toward others that way.

If you feel an entire forum is closed minded, perhaps that might be an indication that it is not the forum that is the problem? It's like you are repeating over and over that you, and you alone, are right and you know what you're taking about, then getting mad at the world for disagreeing.

If you want a forum to be an echo chamber then I'm afraid you're right, this is probably not the place for you.

EDIT - I like your edit about your feeling more qualified and saying you're special for getting drivers. Might I recommend a quick look at the front page? You're young, so let me share a little tidbit of wisdom. Neither you nor I are special, unique snowflakes for getting the things we get. We're fortunate, but it doesn't make you or me better than anyone else. You would do well to remember that wherever your travels take you.

Last edited:
This may or may not be the best news I've gotten all day.

I'd love to know what companies pay for your posts, till that point I'm going with "My Imagination Inc." and "Pretend Investments Group".

Also, rofl at price/performance being a bad thing to base a purchase on. That's hilarious.

This may or may not be the best news I've gotten all day.

I'd love to know what companies pay for your posts, till that point I'm going with "My Imagination Inc." and "Pretend Investments Group".

Also, rofl at price/performance being a bad thing to base a purchase on. That's hilarious.

Were the initials of P.I.G. intentional?

AMD cpus are epic! just saying for price / preformance u can't beat it. Like I said before AMD pioneers and intel perfects.

If anything I'll miss black. at least he was nice to me and I don't own any nVIDIA products.......yet. :)

Realistically it sounds like a case of someone who has not made anything of himself and attempting to make himself seem like someone "in the know" on the internet.

This may or may not be the best news I've gotten all day. I'd love to know what companies pay for your posts, till that point I'm going with "My Imagination Inc." and "Pretend Investments Group". Also, rofl at price/performance being a bad thing to base a purchase on. That's hilarious.

wasn't going to reply really. but you just really helped me proved my point about this forum. FYI. Bobnova here is one of those people who keeps provoking forumers. I am not sure is he trying to provoke me again, but the above appears to be written by a 12yr old.. and I can't really get angry at children. however, I actually feel bad for you, if this is your biggest thing of the day.... dude.. your world... is so petite, do you even know? is this forum the biggest thing in your life? Almost sad. Btw, you really have no idea on real world performance, really you don't. But you will never understand that.

keep using your price/performance and get yourself a 7850, see how far that card gets you in actual gaming. :rofl::shrug: can't help folks that won't learn. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_780_Lightning/28.html

FYI, the biggest event for me for today, is our company won 2 more seats in dreamhack.. (I hope you know what that is.) Thanks though, I need a post like that from you, to prove the quality of 'senior' posters here.

There was nothing immature. I'm quite serious. I would avoid any company that hires anyone to post toward others that way.

hokiealumnus, I did you a favor. I asked for our leader if there's anything I can say that is in compliance of our contracts, and from the words of our leader,

"dear overclockers.com website management, I hope you do not play any popular games, or use any hardware powering them. As we are statistically are in business contract with 75% of them, and you appear to want to avoid them, you can use Apple products safely though, we have no dealing with them at all. 2 hardware companies, and 6 software companies on top pays us to give them comments on their company/public forums, on top of being beta testers, we also give them feedback on 'real' performance we experience and one chip producing company actually has a 'dedicated staff' just to help us (gaming professionals). And correct, we do get custom drivers for tournaments, approved by the host. I however will ask username "trueblack" not to meddle with this website anymore, but I can vouch for his professionism, opinions and contributions to the software and forums that sponsers us. What he shouldn't had done, was to give you guys free advice, but in the wake none of you learned anything in the apparent appeal, I will just let it slide this time. "

-chuckle- awesome leader. won't you say?

yes, I noticed not reading is a thing with senior posters too. strange indeed.

anyway. it has been moderately entertaining.
but I find this forum too difficult to educate.

you guys can have the last words. I will just leave by saying.

- why would a bunch of people looking for 'performance'... not listen to someone actually professional on dealing with 'performance'?
instead, are you happy with paper results? results others tell you? Do you really know the difference?

For those that read thus far, I thank you. and may knowledge be with you.
all the best.

(senior posters, try not to lure me to reply more... I might be tempted if you add silly insults. -wink-)

Last edited:
I am sorry, but that is f'ing childish. I have no idea where all this started and why, but this is childish.

Our leader? What are you in? a cult? There is no such rank within a Company, and you dont send out such a statment without checking the spelling. On top of that, the phrasing seems very close to the same you use. Basically looks like your trying to regain what respect you have lost, by doing what ever, and by using an unknown company to help out, for what ever it is you're trying to prove?

If the company is known, then what is the secret? That you're putting the company in a bad light? That your story wont check out if there was to be checked up on it?

Your like a child. Really, for a mature person that you claim to be, you and your "leader" need to a take a step back and consider why you are arguing over something that clearly the admins dont mind being open about. If this was a matter of right and wrong, you would have contacted the Admin and owner of forums, but your making it public? Why? Sympathy? Cos this is getting you non?

Before now, i had seen you as the average helpfull user, but now, i think your a 17yr kid, that has had his feelings hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back