• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Sounds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electraglide

Ever since i switched to water cooling, Im beginning to hear strange sounds from my speakers??????????? its like you can hear the cpu working, I can hear faints chirps and squeaks, I also hear when the screen refreshes with a small buzz and mouse movements. It is extremely faint, but completely audible especially when the volume is turned up and no sounds are being played. ive selected mute for devices not connected. Also I have active north and south bridge cooling. it doesnt effect performance. but ? late at night it can be annoying. lol. It sounds like a sqeaky electric motor when Prime95 runs.:bang head:

a7n8x dlx. barton 2500 @ 12.5 x 192, pc2700(samsung)

Well, if your speakers are close to your pump, and neither are magnetically shielded, that might be the cause. Just a wild guess though

I don't know if this would help, but what about plugging your speakers in a different outlet/surge protector than that of your computer and pump.

welcome to the wonderful world of audio leakage :)

try the different ac outlet for the amp, you could even try changing the amps ac plug 180 degrees (sounds silly, but works sometimes).

these issues are generally quite common and i'm sure they're covered on some computer audio related forums/newsgroups pretty well.

it pretty sure is not just your pump (since it's reacting to what the computer does & etc, if it was just a constant noise then it might be it), more likely grounding related...

another tip is to have the gain/soundlevels higher on the soundcard if possible and to use the speaker out instead of line out if you have different outputs(though nowadays they seem to be the same level anyways), so that you can have the amp lower and the sound is less audible.

Actually, if i lower the sound level in windows, and raise the volume on the speakers(amp) it gets quieter. so i think the interference is comming from the MOBO:eek:

Back