• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up a BE6II v.2 Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Propilot

I just bought this motherboard used and am having some problems setting it up.
First off, I am not going to use the Raid yet but have a WD ATA100 hard drive.
I installed the motherboard last night and can get everything to work and boot up using the regular ATA controller. But when I switch it over to the Ultra/Raid slots, I can not get the hard drive to start up. The Ultra/Raid bios reads all my drives and then checks the floppy as if it is starting up, but then it just stops. I am pretty sure it is something that I am not setting correctly but I can't seem to figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Brian
(Propilot)

Hi Propilot,
probably there's something to disable into the Bios about the Raid, or directly into the Raid Bios, but this is all i can say coz I'm not very experienced with this kind of Mobo (take a look to the user's manual).

I hope it helps you :)

Got it up and running now.
I wish I could get it to overclock better though. My 750 PIII ran at 1ghz on my BX6 rev2 and only a little over 900mhz on this board. Do I need to try to change some settings?
Oh well, at least I have Raid now. :)

Wish I could help you out on this one, really I do... , but mine arrived DOA. I never got into setting up the BIOS. =(

Mr B

It's a slot 1 processor.
I also have to go from 1.75 to 1.9volts to get it to run at 906mhz. Gets a little hot. Maybe I should lap or polish the heat sink? Kind of scared to do the cpu itself. Even though at stock settings it has always run 38-48c depending on usage. Got a Global twin fan heatsink on it.

Sorry Mr B,
I feel your pain..... :)
I was so worried about this one being dead after reading your posts. Did the pin replacement work? I would try getting a RMA for it from Abit in California. Never know?

Thanks for all the replys.

Are you using Arctic Silver on the HSF? 38-48c sounds HOT!
Check your ram timings, you may need to set it to CAS3.
Is there good airflow through the case?

Just a few thoughts, sorry if they seem basic...

I am using Artic Silver compound and my case is open.
I would hate to run cas3 on the ram. I have got Crucial PC133 cas2 ram. Isn't it faster at 850-900mhz cas2 than 1ghz cas3?
Anymore suggestions?
I do have a question though. My motherboard says about 35 degrees, but the cpu says 45 to 50 degrees (sometimes higher). Do you average the temp like SiSoft Sandra does or do you go by the cpu temp that the mb says only?
Thanks

engjohn said:
What are you using for a heatsink???

Global twin fan. I just ordered a Golden Orb off of ebay for $11.00. I'll see if that does any better.

I need an answer on this though:
"My motherboard says about 35 degrees, but the cpu says 45 to 50 degrees (sometimes higher). Do you average the temp like SiSoft Sandra does or do you go by the cpu temp that the mb says only?"

Thanks for all the replys so far.

I use the same mobo w/ bx133 raid bios. It's stable at 31-32C after putting Artic Silver (bios temp) idle. Always running at temp >40C for more than a year w/out problem. You are supposed to polished the heatsink w/ Arctic Silver and put a dab on CPU... Some say bios temp is more reliable than other s/ware temp programs

PIII800->920 512MB cas 2,2,2

I did that with the Artic Silver and still have the high temps.
I can post at 1ghz+ but can not get through windows. I guess it is because of the high temps and possibly the Raid? My old motherboard (BX6 v2) easily did 930 at 1.75v.

What is the benifits of using the BX-133 bios? Do you have to do something special when you flash? I just flashed mine with the new 2.0 bios and I think If I change it will mess up my Rais system.

Thanks

The only diff I can see is the post dates. They both have the same Raid bios version.

Anymore hints on cooling this down and raising my FSB mhz?
If not i will post later when i get the new heatsink on.

Thanks all

Back