• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VH6-II Mobo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiLLyXkiNG

I was looking in my manual and I saw something that I wasn't sure what it was. It was the System Management Bus Header. SMB1. I have no clue what this is...this is what it reads...

"This header is reserved for system management bus (SM bus). The SM bus is a specific implementation of an I2C bus. I2C is a multi master bus, which mean that multiple chips can be connected to the same bus and each one can act as a master by initiating a data transfer. If more that one master simultaneously tries to control the bus, an arbitration procedure decides which master gets priority."

If its the i'm thinking about [4 pin] around the southbridge, i'm using it for a boot up monitoring piece of hardware that came with the MB called postman debug card it basicaly lets you know if anything goes wrong and spits out a code if it does, other then that I dont have much else to offer.

Back