• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CryptoSlax Mining O/S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, I have figured out how to make the modules. It is pretty easy when everything is contained in the one directory. Just run a simple command. I just have to fine tune a couple things and make sure it works, then I can send to you to make sure it works, if you would like.

I didn't make any of the graphical stuff to start automatically or start via the menus. It has to be done with command line. It was more work than I was willing to do at this minute.

ok, I figured out how to build the sb, but when i add it to the modules folder and boot, it doesn't add the directory and place it in there. it just puts the files into the root directory. So I have to figure out how to do that.

Either of you guru's have any ideas as to why it recognizes my 5850 in the first line of Detecting GPU's, then says no GPU Detected in the next line? FYI, if you get an error during the first load of cryptoslax and it hangs, enable IMMOU in your BIOS, worked for me!

Going to try the newest version of CSlax, here is a screenie of the boot fail that enabling IOMMU fixed

Attachments

• b46dbc4c-8fb0-4106-988d-1968edd7522f.jpg
    b46dbc4c-8fb0-4106-988d-1968edd7522f.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 85
Screens of issues

Attachments

• IMAG0175[1].jpg
    IMAG0175[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0442[1].jpg
    IMAG0442[1].jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0443[1].jpg
    IMAG0443[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0444[1].jpg
    IMAG0444[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
I don't see anything in your attached picture about the GPUs. I would try booting with the display on another card or on integrated, if possible, to see if it can find it when you start the miner.

Edit: sorry, the second post of images didn't load. I would guess that it is an and driver issue. It seems that 5000 series cards are hit and miss when it comes to Linux drivers. I got a 5000 series card to work, but I had other cards to boot and show display.
I added your iommu tip to the first page, thanks.

Last edited:
I don't see anything in your attached picture about the GPUs. I would try booting with the display on another card or on integrated, if possible, to see if it can find it when you start the miner.

Edit: sorry, the second post of images didn't load. I would guess that it is an and driver issue. It seems that 5000 series cards are hit and miss when it comes to Linux drivers. I got a 5000 series card to work, but I had other cards to boot and show display.
I added your iommu tip to the first page, thanks.

+1, 5series are such a pain in linux, mine work, but i cant for the life of me get them to hash at correct rates :(
6 series are ok, 7 and newer are cakewalk easier than windows, why so many support linux mining

Looks like there is a module for the heavy and skein now, but the website is down for me.

Seems that since my HD5850 is an "ATI' card, not AMD, is what was causing my issue with CryptoSlax. Ivan if you have any idea for a workaround or something I'm all ears... Has to be detailed though... like idiot proof detailed.

I got a 5450 to work, but display was on a different GPU (7000 series). Have you tried that?

For the voltage control I think you will have to modify in bios. There was a thread that Ivan made that shows how to do that.

I just wanted to take a second to thank xsuperbgx for keeping the OP up to date and oh so detailed :) im adding this to the master-helpful-links sticky, good work xsuperbgx !

Did anyone get the last revision before the site went down?

If so, I would like to get a copy. My messages to the dev. have been unanswered.

Back