• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best gaming keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use a 4 year old Samsung keyboard that I got with a computer. In terms of quality, durability and gaming it has no equals. It's unbelievable but they keys are placed and sized just that little bit better than on Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, and they feel very solid. Also, this keyboard does not wear out. The keys still feel as great as 4 years ago, unlike Logitech keyboards where the keys start to feel wiggly after some months.

But I don't think there is a way to get this keyboard, it's probably not on sale anymore. There is nothing wrong with Logitech and MS keyboards, they are great but the Samsung I got is just that little bit better.

Yeah, the board I'm on now is from my old HP Pavilion 766MHz Celeron. I've had it about 5 years and it's lasted me this long. Its been really nice, but I've recently noticed that keys are starting to fade. But other than that this keyboard is great, it is loud though. So it's time to upgrade. :p

Is that Logitech/MS keyboard quiet-key? :drool:

I would havta say the basic Dell Keyboard + MX310 combo, the keys on the Dell keyboard .... feel nice and the keyboards are durable, the Logitech keyboards are no match for this, I had the same setup as mista ting and the space bar got REALLY loud, just typing got annoying (the mouse is nice, but the MX310 feels a lot better). I love my setup now, wont be upgrading for awhile.

Well, after about 2 days of research, I think i've made my decision. I think i'm going to go with the Saitek Gamers Keyboard. All of the reviews i've read have been between either a 9-9.5/10, and some even 10! Combine that with the Razer Diamondback 1600 DPI High Precision Gaming Optical Mouse, and i'll be rocking! :) :cool:

Reletively cheap too...

I like my FireFly keyboard, it's small and flat, and lit up. Seen them $70 and up. It's great if you want something small. I also have a few Zippy and logitech keyboards and like them alot.. kinda prefer the Zippys and FireFly, a bit like laptop keyboards i guess. I heard the Saitek keyboard is nice, but lights don't help you see keys.. and I want to try a Z-board.

I tried some wireless MS combo that cost me $90.. but there was noticeble delay and I don't even use it.

I cant see going crazy on decisions for any keyboard besides what feels good to you. Its not like we are talking highend performance out of a keyboard alone. The mouse and pad are more of a concern to me in highquality.

I'm using a Thermaltake Xaser III Keyboard and mouse set. It's pretty good but the shape of the cursor keys (when they are needed) takes a little getting used to!

Swatdog said:
Where is the keyboard mentioned?
Ctrl-F "Keyboard"

"Blueprints: What future products can we expect from Razer ?
Razerguy: We are still working on a gamers keyboard and a really high-end gaming headphone. our challenge is to make it sound as good as we want it to sound with proper internal speakers, and we're talking about a true 5.1 surround sound. Its a little too heavy even though we've created a very slim line design, but the speakers weigh so much. We are working on some options to reduce the weight and increase comfort, because we know from experience and discussions with our customers that comfort is as important as the sound. However how good the sound is, if you can't wear it long because your neck starts to ache or you head starts to bleed, you don't have a good product. So, those are some of the issues that slow down this product. We are coping with that but it will be a next years product. "

So i'm guessing when he said those headphones will be a "next year's product" that this article was published sometime in 04 and will be out this year in 05??

Swatdog said:
Is it possible to get the Logitech without a mouse? I already am getting the Razer Diamondback 1600 DPI High Precision Gaming Optical Mouse:
xoxide_1826_26660464

w00t pure PWNAGE!!1 Haha seriously though that is probably the best mouse I have ever used, tested it out & I am for sure going to buy that Diamondback! Worth every penny

As for the best "Gaming Keyboard" I recommend a cheap $10 - $15 one, as that is what I use & still seem to do well in just about every game I play. :attn: Stay away from those crummy Microsoft natural one's or whatever, the kind that are split in the middle.....Worst design ever.

OBLIVIONLORD said:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006IS52/103-2554157-2614259?v=glance

Screw Razor headphones. If you want the absolute best quality and convience of wireless then get these. $259.99

Comes with its own amp and everything.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OMG I HATE that sh*tty split design keyboard.... My sister has one, and its so hard to type on it. So annoying....2 separate space bars lolol LAME!

Back