• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 preorder 50% off discount!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man I am so happy I got it in on the free Technet deal. When Vista came out I got in on the Microsoft Live Search game and got it for free and this time around free through the free technet deal. Man I have gotten lucky with MS in the last couple years.

Do you mean the technet thing from a few weeks ago? It wasn't exactly a free subscritption, more like an accident, and I heard any keys given through that were revoked. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-/

but i thought upgrade versions are basically the same as full versions? like vista upgrade versions, you can install it on an empty hdd, installer will simply ask to insert a windows xp disk, reads it then will continue installing a full vista.

Do you mean the technet thing from a few weeks ago? It wasn't exactly a free subscritption, more like an accident, and I heard any keys given through that were revoked. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You sir, would be correct. I just logged in and cannot download anything. Oh well, its only $50. Off to amazon.....

People that live near microcenter can save an extra $10 on HP or Pro.

39 and 89 upgrade plans for the next couple of days.

Very interesting to see MS giving people a disincentive to buy Ultimate in the future. That's a good idea--screw over the customers who bought the most expensive product in the past.

I thought it was a dud last time around as well. The "extra" feature for the most part were either useless or much better implemented with third party software.

People that live near microcenter can save an extra $10 on HP or Pro.

39 and 89 upgrade plans for the next couple of days.

Even with tax, this can be considered a deal if you can get up off your butt and have a close microcenter.

I personally chose to spend the extra $10 or so ($95 total cost with tax, compared to $99 + on release date delivery = $105) because I know I won't spend the time to actually drive the 3 blocks from my work to microcenter and buy it. :beer:

Plus.. what if I don't end up working on Oct 22nd? Then I'd have to drive 15 miles to pick up my copy on release date! Wow, forget that trouble! :D

Looking at the technet info, and browsing the net

A clean install from the upgrade disc is possible.

During install it will request you insert the media from a prior version of vista/xp

It indicates nothing about invalidating a license key, but you know how that is.

Regardless In for +1

When will the OEM prices be coming out?

Also can you use the upgrade from RC 1? I never install xp or vista on my new box

Last edited:
Whens the last day to purchase a copy at this price? I'm sorta low on funds but it is a great savings and Windows 7 boots faster than XP for me which sucks because Creatives MP3 software refuses to work on 7 or Vista half the time and they never update.

Also did any one think XP mode was kinda flakey? I don't know if there's been any updates to it but I couldn't get it to work with Creatives software. I just want to proporly sink up my Creative Zen using their Zencast Orginizer but XP mode in 7 just kept crashing during its install.

Back