• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Big Hello

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Asgard

Hi there,
Just browsing the top 200 teams and noticed your fine team so I thought I would just drop in and say hello from across the pond.

Let me say welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you here, you will find this to be one of the greatest melting pots of nationalities. Lots of great people!

J :cool:

Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around more and if you have any questions, just ask away!

Welcome indeed. :) Please feel free to join in any conversations or ask any questions.

Cy

Thanks for the welcome.

Having a look around at the different forums. Nice.

Hello Thor Of The Asgard- Nice to have visitors.
Do you have a link for us to see what's happening on your side of the pond?

WildAndyC used to but now he's busy making money.

Harvey

The Asgard said:
Thanks for the welcome.

Having a look around at the different forums. Nice.

Welcome to the Overclockers forums. I think that you will find that we have a great bunch of members here.

[ / non politically correct mode ] And of course, if you study our Seti Team progress, you will see that we are one of the best teams to crunch for. You are more than welcome to join our team.;) [ / end non politically correct mode ]

Hi,

"My CPU is [email protected] = 1 hr 58 min 33.5 sec."

One of my other passions is OC and when I was part of the OcUK seti team I ran the there Seti benchmark (over a year ago). On OC [email protected]+ P4 with a WU with a 0.47 angle I achived 2.67 hrs I was in comp with Gibbo and he had a Tbird rig which ran at 1.8+ (running at 160+ FSB DDR) and I think from memory achieved a 2.5 ish WU time.

1Hr 58mins is a average over 25,000+ WU.

I think its a wind up. He must be using some high powered none intel/amd rig.

The Asgard said:
Hi,

"My CPU is [email protected] = 1 hr 58 min 33.5 sec."

One of my other passions is OC and when I was part of the OcUK seti team I ran the there Seti benchmark (over a year ago). On OC [email protected]+ P4 with a WU with a 0.47 angle I achived 2.67 hrs I was in comp with Gibbo and he had a Tbird rig which ran at 1.8+ (running at 160+ FSB DDR) and I think from memory achieved a 2.5 ish WU time.

1Hr 58mins is a average over 25,000+ WU.

I think its a wind up. He must be using some high powered none intel/amd rig.
I wonder if you're talking about the same Gibbo and I'm a little confused by your benchmark times. Ars technica's team lamb chop's benchmark page has a UkGibbo also. I've been head to head with him for over a year. His current best time is not even close to 2.5 hours with a 1.9GHz XP. Are you saying 2 and 1/2 hours or am I misunderstanding?

Yes UK Gibbo. I thought it was around 2.6 ish hrs. 2.5 is what I would have expected by now. Mulda used to look after the stats and the results were published on the OcUK site. Mulda left to TPR so i'm not sure what happened to the site. I was talking to Gibbo Thursday and I think he is running is own bench marks now.

Whats the current best WU time ?

Back