• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9650 and E5400 still worth folding with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

Are the Q9650 and E5400 with 4 gigs of ddr2 still worth folding 24/7 with? If so which clients and or config should I use with them.I've been away for a bit.Thanks.

I don't see why not! I've got the Intel Xeon equivalent of your Q9650, except mine only runs at 2.66Ghz and they are doing pretty good right now!

I just run the SMP client with the -advmethods flag.

Q9450 @ 3.6 pulls in almost 10,000 ppd on average, running in a Linux VM.

Is the Linux VM that much more advantageous? I'm in Windows but with only about 12K ppd out of two of those (2.66Ghz each....but still...).

"Gives" instead of "dives", but you get the picture, I'm sure.

You know there's NO LIMIT WHATSOEVER on how much, or how often, Cats can go prowling while they race with us in the Chimp Challenge! :D

Hope you'll join us in the team folding race - it's the biggy, every year.

OOPs gives. G and D aren't even next to each other, so I must have had some crossed neurons. I wonder it it's protein amalgamation related?

You know there's NO LIMIT WHATSOEVER on how much, or how often, Cats can go prowling while they race with us in the Chimp Challenge! :D

Hope you'll join us in the team folding race - it's the biggy, every year.

Ok cool but now I need better than stock cooling though.Here in Brasil I'm getting high temps while folding.

Yes you do.

Stock heatsinks (and usually fans) for cpu's are not very robust.

Back