• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oldie but goodie! (56k kinda warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCUABIDExORxDIE

my friend has an hp pe celeron 233mhz. aparently it came with an aopen mobo, and hes been doing some ocing, the multi goes up to 11.5 from 4, and all sorts of other ocing stuff. he has a screenie from bios at 733mhz! its installing windows now, so when he gets it up and in windows ill give you some cpu-z screenies, for now, ill let you see the bios screenie. its insane!

Picture015.jpg

hmm i thought no one has ever OCed anything even 100%...wtf? mabe im wrong...i hope i am lol

jcw122 said:
hmm i thought no one has ever OCed anything even 100%...wtf? mabe im wrong...i hope i am lol

I've done a 2.0A to 3.8 for 90%..but dang..300%..thats insane.

Are you sure that its a 233Mhz chip??

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
he set the mobo to defaults. and it ran at 233mhz. the p2's only got to 450mhz, so 450 to 733 is insane.

Then i think the mobo defaults picked the wrong FSB (like 66 instead of 100)

What an overclocking gem. It is a shame he fried it.

As for OCing 100%, the closest I have come personally is about 85 percent with my XP-1700 0310 DLT3C.

ive always wanted to pick up some of those LV 1.6ghz Xeons and throw them up to 3.2ghz each. thats a damn overclockers dream. by todays standards, prior to venice, a 50% oc was awesome, like with the 2.4c from intel, they would hit the 280 fsb easily, and the a64 2800+'s from amd, mine does 278x9, 2.5ghz with ease, i wont go higher, cause i love round numbers, but it could easily do 289x9, 2.6ghz.

This is not real or the BIOS is simply reading the CPU wrong.
Also it doesnt matter if the board claims to be able to change the multiplier as all intel multiplier have bene fully locked since AUG 98.

Also a P2 coud never run at that speed for reasons of than just the core.
The L2 cahce on a P2 is not on die cahe and is in fact off die, thus SECC1 and SECC2 cartrages for P2's and some P3's. Now this RAM runs at 1/2 clock speed. The reason for the 1/2 clock speed RAM is you wouldnt make it run at the same speed of the CPU to begin with.

Have your buddy update the BIOS and see if it shows the correct speed.
My BX board always read my tualatin core wrong aswell.

Back