• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

660 @ 4430 1.41v!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'd say that's a pretty good days work!

congrats, those are some amazing clocks on water.

makes me wonder why on earth intel cancelled its 4ghz chip. :confused:

Very nice results indeed. Actually booting @ 266 Mhz fsb on water is darn impressive.

These 6xx chips do oc like mad though, even my 640 (3.2 Ghz default) is doing 4170 Mhz in my Shuttle with the standard Shuttle heatpipe cooler.

Tuesday I should be getting an Asus P5WD2 in the mail, I'm planning on putting it in there, adding some Corsair PC5400UL sticks and then put the little sucker in the Mach II GT and quite possibly torture it till it begs for mercy.... :D

Looking forward to more news on your oc and stability results. Almost 4.8 Ghz on water, now that's just plain crazy. :cool:

So are these the chips to get now?

I've been waiting for something to really blow my socks off before I upgrade again.

Thats pretty tempting.

OC Noob said:
So are these the chips to get now?

I've been waiting for something to really blow my socks off before I upgrade again.

Thats pretty tempting.
Seems so, this CPU is either a GEM or the 660's are speed binned and all will get similar results? I don't know, this is the only 660 I've had. The 640 I had was good to 4.2, 4.3 Max unstable but that could have been my board. My 560J will only do 4.3 Stable, 4.4 max unstable.

im going amd with my next rig, but my god the 660 is still slightly tempting with 4.7 stable... but meh, i'm going AMD no matter what anyone says :p

nikhsub1 said:
Seems so, this CPU is either a GEM or the 660's are speed binned and all will get similar results? I don't know, this is the only 660 I've had. The 640 I had was good to 4.2, 4.3 Max unstable but that could have been my board. My 560J will only do 4.3 Stable, 4.4 max unstable.
My 640 did about 4.08 max stable and my 660 does about 4290. This was on my AS8.

Something very interesting at Intel regarding My CPU... Here is the Intel spec sheet: http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sSpec=SL7Z5

What I find interesting is this: "This processor uses a physical signaling scheme of quad pumping the data transfers over a 266-MHz clocked system bus and a buffering scheme allowing for sustained 1066-MHz data transfers."

Err, Could this be a de-EE'd EE or something?

Last edited:
nikhsub1 said:
Something very interesting at Intel regarding My CPU... Here is the Intel spec sheet: http://processorfinder.intel.com/sc...asp?sSpec=SL7Z5

What I find interesting is this: "This processor uses a physical signaling scheme of quad pumping the data transfers over a 266-MHz clocked system bus and a buffering scheme allowing for sustained 1066-MHz data transfers."

link dont work

nikhsub1 said:
Something very interesting at Intel regarding My CPU... Here is the Intel spec sheet: http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sSpec=SL7Z5

might just be.... :shrug:

Could most likely be a typo. I have encountered plenty of those in Intel's specfinder.

However, it wouldn't be surprising if it pretty much is just a declocked EE. AMD is doing that with their week 505 or newer 3500 Newcastles, they are pretty much cache disabled declocked versions of the FX-53.

Either that or possibly with the 660 being the high end in the 6 series, they may include that extra FSB like the EE just to make it the best in that series but not quite an EE. Another AMD example could be the Athlon 64 4000+, which is bassically a lower model FX in normal A64 badging. I wouldn't doubt it if this is what Intel is doing as well.

EDIT: Well, if it is really a 1066 FSB processor, it would have defaulted to those settings when you put the CPU in. Probably a typo.

Also in the actual spec sheet, not the notes, it says:

Bus Speed
800 MHz

hUMANbEATbOX said:
bumpage....

where are you at now? same ballpark? any sick suicide shots?
Yeah I have not had time... I have the machine running at 4.5 at 1.45V set in bios, stable as hell too. P95 and FAH were left to run for over 24 hours, now it is just folding. When I have time i will try for 4.8 or so.

@md0Cer said:
EDIT: Well, if it is really a 1066 FSB processor, it would have defaulted to those settings when you put the CPU in. Probably a typo.

intel could have made it not default to those settings, but instead sold it as a 660 product line. i remember same thing happened with acouple other cpu's, they didnt meet the specs that they were degined for, so the manufacturer just downgraded them and sold them, instead of throwing them away. makes sense. :shrug:

hUMANbEATbOX said:
does it make you happy that your rig makes me feel like less of a man? :bang head

yeah, well you can hit 3.5 with a 2.4...

I can hit 3.6 max with a 3.0...

stop mocking me ^^

btw, thats a CRAZY cpu there... I've heard that 6xx series were good ocers, but thats just unreal

@solid, mine does 3.6 max, not prime stable, but stable in everything else. :)

@falc, if it was originally a 1066fsb part, i think it would get close to that at default voltages. maybe that's why it was binned. or maybe they monkeyed with the multi when the binned it, who knows. i'd bet on a typo on the spec finder.

Back