• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Bummer Sales have begun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Ready your wallets fellow OC'ers, Steam's summer sale has begun and running til June 30th. I'll be sure to do what I can do update this thread with games of interest/good deals. Remember to vote for upcoming sales to get your cards as well :)

Xcom, Farcry 3 and Witcher 2 all for great prices so far. Mirrors Edge made it to the flash sales if you like parkour like games with bullets flying past you.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Heard rumors this was supposed to start yesterday. then kind of forgot about it earlier today. Already got 2 games - Democracy 3 (since someone was ranting about it a while ago, rainless maybe?) and "DMC Devil May Cry", even though I think the new Dante looks like a dingbat.

Heard rumors this was supposed to start yesterday. then kind of forgot about it earlier today. Already got 2 games - Democracy 3 (since someone was ranting about it a while ago, rainless maybe?) and "DMC Devil May Cry", even though I think the new Dante looks like a dingbat.

Haha nice :) Let me know how DMC goes. I tried the 4th one for Xbox 360 and was a bit disappointed. Democracy 3 looks fun, i really like simulator games. I'll have to check that out later.

Kind of sad when I'd spent so much money on games that I already have everything in the sale :p

Kind of sad when I'd spent so much money on games that I already have everything in the sale :p

Yeah I hear ya, between previous sales, impulse buys and humblebundles i have so many games.

A few good ones in the community choice sale came up. 7 Days to Die (zombie survival based game) and Torchlight II (arpg, as good if not better than diablo series). Flash sale has HL2 if for whatever reason you don't have it, well worth the $2.50 ;)

i bought all the games

Literally all of them. Sorry, you can't have any.

And Corey strikes again! Good news though, my contact at Steam says that they're getting more digital shipments of games in so have no fear! :rofl:

Haha nice :) Let me know how DMC goes. I tried the 4th one for Xbox 360 and was a bit disappointed. Democracy 3 looks fun, i really like simulator games. I'll have to check that out later.

I enjoyed DMC, would recommend it.

i bought all the games

Literally all of them. Sorry, you can't have any.

Have fun with that debt :)

Everyone: Remember, if a game isn't on a daily/flash sale, don't buy it until the last day!
Chances are that it'll hit a daily/flash sale at some point and get an even deeper discount.

Looks like all decent games on sale in the community choices. May pick up octodad and the cave, seems like there's been a lot of good platformers coming out. Out of the flash sales I'd recommend Agarest if you're into turn based rpgs. Super Meat Boy is nothing short of frustrating and RA3 is always a good choice for RTS.

@ATMINSIDE It may be advised to wait until the second to last day instead.
It is no longer the case that you definitively should wait for the last day of the sale to make purchases of games that are not daily deals, flash sales, or community choices! The last day of the same will most likely be an encore day, where many of the best selling deals will be brought back. During the last major Steam sales, all sale-related discounts were removed except for the handful of encore sales. In short: unless you missed a DD/FS/CC (and are hopeful that it will return during the encore sale), you should buy it on the second-to-last day of the sale - not the last day of the sale.
Source Just something to consider

http://steamdb.info/sales/ also has a handy list of the games on sale, and the time remaining on them.

My poor 3Mb/s internet connection is suffering terribly and it's only been a day.

@ATMINSIDE It may be advised to wait until the second to last day instead.
Source Just something to consider

http://steamdb.info/sales/ also has a handy list of the games on sale, and the time remaining on them.

My poor 3Mb/s internet connection is suffering terribly and it's only been a day.

I mean the last day of the sale (29th), not necessarily until the encore day.
I should have specified that.

Makes me wonder that if ISPs hate Netflix, they might also hate Valve, since these steam sales must hammer their network every couple months as everyone starts multiple multi-GB downloads.

Makes me wonder that if ISPs hate Netflix, they might also hate Valve, since these steam sales must hammer their network every couple months as everyone starts multiple multi-GB downloads.

Heh, probably more than Netflix and the like, just because the downloads will peak your connection regardless of the speed :cool:

Back