• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Bummer Sales have begun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet. Now that I have a 100Mb download rate (which has hit 116Mb at times), and Steam can up load at my full download rate, this sale will be even better. Downloading a 7GB game in around 10 minutes is sooooo good. :beer:

Sweet. Now that I have a 100Mb download rate (which has hit 116Mb at times), and Steam can up load at my full download rate, this sale will be even better. Downloading a 7GB game in around 10 minutes is sooooo good. :beer:

AT&T can only give us 18Mb down :(
Had TWC 50Mb, but they were billing vastly incorrect and couldn't seem to fix it :eek:

I'm lucky to have townisp, any other provider was insanely priced and couldn't offer any decent speeds. 50Mb down sure does help with these sales ;)

Yeah... My desktop probably isn't turning off until a day or two after the sale. Currently have 36GB of downloads queued up from just day one. Missing college internet.

Ooh look, new games are up. Go to log in and...Server's gone.

*Insert Pierres profile pic*

Edit: Anyone try Bound By Flame yet? Looks mildly interesting, but not $24 interesting.

Couple more good games popped up. Personally I like Game Dev Tycoon although it was a bit hit or miss on how well you did. RPG Maker has been on sale a lot, especially on humble bundle so might not be worth it unless you definitely need it. Enjoyed Walking dead from what I played so far. Amnesia is good if you don't care to be able to sleep at night and Plague Inc is a fun simulation game. A few decent FPS games in the community choice. Lastly get spore, its extremely fun and extremely cheap now :)

Couple more good games popped up. Personally I like Game Dev Tycoon although it was a bit hit or miss on how well you did. RPG Maker has been on sale a lot, especially on humble bundle so might not be worth it unless you definitely need it. Enjoyed Walking dead from what I played so far. Amnesia is good if you don't care to be able to sleep at night and Plague Inc is a fun simulation game. A few decent FPS games in the community choice. Lastly get spore, its extremely fun and extremely cheap now :)

I've actually bought RPG Maker during the Winter sale, and then got the full copy of Gamemaker Studio during the same sale. While I do like the 8bit character creator of RPG Maker, I find Gamemaker to be a better developer. It just seems to be capable of more and has some good tutorials, while RPG Maker is good for just early Final Fantasy 8bit style RPG games, and it just kind of leaves you there.

I've actually bought RPG Maker during the Winter sale, and then got the full copy of Gamemaker Studio during the same sale. While I do like the 8bit character creator of RPG Maker, I find Gamemaker to be a better developer. It just seems to be capable of more and has some good tutorials, while RPG Maker is good for just early Final Fantasy 8bit style RPG games, and it just kind of leaves you there.

Thats what $$$ gets you ;) I think nowadays they both can be equally successful.

Thats what $$$ gets you ;) I think nowadays they both can be equally successful.

I actually payed the same for both ($25 maybe?)

But yeah, point taken. RPG Maker is $70 full price, dunno what the "full" version of GM cost since they only have the "Master" edition and a bunch of plugins on steam, but I'm guessing $100-$200, close to the Pro version. Then an additional $100-200 per plugin.

Yeah thats what really kills you. Standard and professional are reasonably priced but once you try to get your game on a platform you really have to decide if its worthwhile to do so.

Yup. If they ever put the Android plugin on sale I might try my hand at a few free mobile games, but I'm not about to drop $200 on it. I'll actually try hand coding everything before paying that much :D

yay I picked up a few games
my 1.5mb internet is soo slow! I use my unlimited sprint 4g lte and it runs about 4x faster lol time for another 200gb month!

Pink team FTW haha

New sales up

papers please, risk of rain, rest meh meh meh

I've been meaning to ask this to anyone really, but what's the big deal with those two games? I thought Papers Please was dull as hell (I've put more time into Goat Simulator, seriously) and Risk of Rain looks like another one of those generic 8bit platformers that keep popping up on greenlight.

If anyone really wants a mind f***, pick up E.Y.E. Buggy as hell, Confusing as hell...er, but if you want to go all psychic ninja, it's worth 99 cents.

Prison Architect is worth the $10 if you have the slightest liking SimSomething games. Game Dev Tycoon I have on CD-ROM straight from Loki :)

Quick, someone help! I'm actually showing restraint during a Steam sale!

Was going to grab Metal Slug 3 and Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, both are in the flash sale, then figured I could probably find Flash versions of Metal Slug real easy and I've already got most of the other PK games and never played them.

Restraint is not allowed in Steam sales, you must succumb to the savings! Bioshock Infinite and AC Black Flag both on sale now, both equally worthwhile. Warlock II looks pretty fun if you're into magic turn based strategy games, sort of reminds me of heros of might and magic. FPS games look pretty good though I dont think I like Killing Floor.

i already bought all the games

WHY DOES MORE KEEP HAPPENING

also I bought ***' creed

Back