• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant find a 6800!! Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jarlaxe said:
"like I wasn't with my 6800nu [damn doom 3]"??
Did you not read the new HardOCP review? Besides you have never played Doom 3, it shows to be getting avg of 57.4 fps at 1280x1024 high quality with 8x anistropic. So how were you not satisfied? Is 57.4 avg fps not good enough, considering its capped at 60? Don't mean to be rude, just wondering how you are not satisfied.

Made the choice far before the new HardOCP benches, and yes I consider the low to be too low. at 1024/1280 my GT should not go below 40 FPS. Or it lets me opt for some antialiasing.

I am very picky, luckily eVGA made it easy for me to upgrade to the GT. 100 dollars extra for a huge performance boost in other games is nice too.

I understand why you find it weird though. Just keep in mind that some people are insane.

i have an smp system with only 4x agp. would that take a significant performance hit with a 6800 ultra running?...or any card that supports 8x agp?

maybe, nut you would still get the new hardware built tech thats in the card... but if it DOES take a performance hit.....grab the GT instead of an ultra or standard. that way you dont spend as much on the ultra, but you still get the 256 mem from GT and all the features are still there...

PS: the card i found is a GT, for $389. ETA AUG 16 though.....LINK

Back