• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i7 2600k temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
Hi guys,i have a h100i watercooling fitted to my intel i7 running @ 3.8GHz,the PC is up almost 24/7 with CPU load usually around 12%

My temp seems to idle around 50 degrees Celsius with h100i fans sitting at 1000rpm

Is this an ok and stable temperature?

Heres a pic from RealTemp
5f4e5354c2479c709dcf95e030b6e809_zpsd90e69d8.png

That is too high for an idle temp. Depending on ambient temps, you should be well under 40c. Redo the tim, and reseat it.

Will the fan orientation have anything to do with it? I have the radiator mounted at the top of my case,with 2 fans underneath blowing upwards onto the radiator

While you may get a couple C difference flipping the fans around, that really isn't the issue. Assuming your ambient (room) temperature is normal (20C-23c), I would try remounting the heatsink/pump again and making sure that your TIM application was ok.

Same cpu as yours, and i'm at 4.4 ghz. i'm running f@h and these are my temps, and I'm on air.

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 454
Using the software mimart7 used, Core Temp 1.0 my temps are actually around 40-43,my case has 2 extra fans aswell as 2 on the radiator,its also quite a small case and my room temp is a bit above normal

Case temp is also around 27

Interesting. Idle temps do not matter(much) anyway, so what are your load (stess testing) temperatures using Prime 95 Small FFT on both programs. Usually Coretemp and Realtemp match...

Run Prime 95. If you are running a 64 bit os, make sure Prime 95 is the 64 bit version.

I will test the stress temps soon

With the corsair Link software,i have 2 profiles for my fan speeds ane cooling,1 is idle where the fans run around 1,000 Rpm and the other is Gaming/Performance mode where they are around 2,400 Rpm

Bump

I thought of some factors that could be counting towards the high temp
(3rd and 4th seem to be the main issues?)

-A cramped case,its a small case and everything is close together
-Room is quite warm,and the PC is near a radiator
-PC runs 24/7 since 2 year or so now
-Only 3 out of the 4 screws are holding the CPU mounting bracket on (This could be a problem?)

All four are contributing factors. Move your pc away from the radiator, and most importantly, you need to have all 4 screws attached. You do not have a good mount at all.

Update

Installed everything into ain Inwin GRone case today,a huge improvement upon my old Zalman Z9 case

4 CPU Screws are in place properly as they should be

CPU temps are now mid 30s idling:
Idle_zpsaa5723d4.png

and CPU temps after a 10min torture test with Prime 95 at 100% load
Stress_zpsb5a723a8.png

Back