• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 NU core picture needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

i know this is not a simple thing to ask for, but:

i need someone who has a standard 6800 (non-ultra, non-gt) to remove their gpu heatsink and take a high quality picture (macro shot) or a high res scan of the GPU itself

this picture needs to show all the resistors around the core of the chip, such as the picture of the gt core attached below

the results from this picture will eventually benefit everyone who owns a standard 6800

thanks for your time

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 101
well, what else would i be asking for a picture of a bunch of resistors for?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf6800-oc_5.html

why their "experiment" didn't work:

1. its a 325/350 card and they're trying to cold boot it at 400/550 with 1.1V, of course its not going to work

A. it needs 1.4V
B. 400/1100 is too fast for the ddr-1 ram rated for only 700mhz

2. they've got an enginnering sample

A. the core is different, i need a picture of a retail card
B. i know someone who says he's tried just the bios flash and the other 4 pipes are a no-go, but his card works fine and no artifacts, but still 12 pipelines when it thinks its an ultra, so i need more samples and/or people to try the bios thing to make sure, but still, i need to compare the core to make sure

they're not saying anything helpful, not even why it really doesn't work, they give a likely explanation but not the actual symptoms of what their card does when it doesn't work

and even if they what they list are the actual symptoms, the artifacts might be just simply from overclocking the card too much, e.g. 400/1100 is a bit high for a card thats only supposed to do 325 on the core and designed NOT to do over 700 on the ram

and therefore, we need our own conclusions about why or how this is not going to work, they might be deviating from the truth, if they know it or not

and besides, assume if the artifacts do come from overclocking,

16 pipes at 250mhz is still faster than 12 pipes at 325mhz and by FAR faster than 8 pipelines at 325mhz (6800LE)

assuming a lot of things

i can still try can't i?

_

Back