• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lexan Windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YMAN

Does anyone have windows made of lexan armor? :D

Can lexan be cut easily?
How much does it cost and where can I buy it?
Are there any kits out there for lexan windows?

Any Info Greatly Appreciated!
Please post pics if you have any!

True "Lexan™", is fairly expensive. It cuts pretty much as easily as plexi. Not too sure why you'd want a bullet proof case though. You should be able to pick some up at a auto body supply shop, or find out where you can get some there.

what are you building that you need lexan?do you know something ? I think you do !what ,tell us come on we won't say a word , we promise right guys ! :rolleyes: cooommmme oooonnnn ppppllleeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee ???????
no seriously what are you doing with it? just cuz I am curious thats all

I just found a link that sells Lexan...about $22-32 per square foot for a 1/4inch sheet there is something about a custom sheet that changes the price so much...play with it a bit the price varries with the size, the more square feet the lower the sq foot cost.
Also this company has there phone # listed in the contact section.

RC car bodyshells are lexan, its tough stuff but cuts reletively easily. The only reason i can see for using it for a case window is if you are using a black light in there, as perspex degrades in UV light, but i dont think lexan does.

Back